I • miss daisy

1987

When I was a kid, I used to dream about being a princess

When I was a kid, I used to dream about being a princess. I used to dream about me living in my own big, shiny castle with hundreds of servants who would make me my favorite meals all day long. I used to fantasize about all the beautiful, sparkly dresses I would wear to dances in my ballroom. Pink fluffy ones, a white one with multi-coloured glitters and of course, a red one with beautiful lace at the top and bottom.

But that's all in the past. The only red lace I wear now is the red lace on my fucking underwear.

Hi. My name is Liliana Daisy Robbins and I am a stripper. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be working in a strip club. The only reason that I am working there, is because it pays a hell of a lot of money.

I hate working there. Especially with all of the fucking perverts trying to get in my panties. If you'd tell me three years ago that I would here work at nineteen, I probably would have laughed at you and punched you in the gut for saying something so silly.

But to my bad luck, it soon became a reality.

I moved to Los Angeles when I had just turned sixteen. I didn't exactly want to leave my old hometown. I was living with my mother, father and older brother in a small, two-story house in Winslow, Arizona. Everything was perfectly fine. Until my dad decided that the happiness in our household wasn't going to last forever. But that story is for another time.

If you couldn't tell by now, I have major anger issues. There's so much anger built up inside me because of everything that has happened in my nineteen years of living. I can be sweet as pie the one minute, and next thing I know I turn into a fucking monster.

To keep myself calm during the day, I am intoxicated almost twenty-four-seven. I smoke weed to make sure I don't flip at every little thing that comes in my way. Because of my love for weed, I developed a true addiction. I have always been really sensitive when it comes to addiction, but besides that, my stupid ass decided to start smoking it anyway. And that's exactly what I am doing right now.

Finishing my joint, I toss the bud into the ashtray on my nightstand. I noticed that I was staring at a picture of me and my brother dressed up as a prince and princess. God, I miss him.

Grabbing all of my stuff, I made my way downstairs where my friend, roommate and fellow stripper, Meghan was trying to find something to eat.

"Do we have anything else than Reeses Pieces and mac and cheese?" she said.

"Well if you didn't eat all of the fucking leftovers last night, you would've had something to eat. And no, I don't have anything else, I still need to go grocery shopping." I stated.

I walked over to the living room and grabbed my bag that was next to my coffee table. I looked inside to see if I had everything for my shift tonight. And of course, the one thing I made sure to always put in my bag first, was missing. My silver Jimmy Choo heels. The heels that had costed me a fucking fortune.