II • easy there, cowgirl

My fridaynight shift soon came to an end

My fridaynight shift soon came to an end. I gathered my stuff and changed into an off the shoulder KISS shirt with some black leather pants.

Amara and I decided to go for a drink more than once this week, today marking our fourth day in a row to be exact. I made my way over to the lounge room we had in the back to meet up with her.

When walking through the long hallway, I took a moment to look at the walls. There were huge posters of all of the girls who were working here at the strip club.

I spotted Meghan, Amara, and a few posters down, I spotted myself.

On the picture taken I was wearing a red, lacy pair of lingerie with a matching robe and heels. My hair was hairsprayed to the max and I was rocking a bold color of lipstick. My face radiated confidence. It's all a mask.

Reaching the lounge room, I scanned the room for any sign of Amara. I noticed that her bag was on the blue couch next to the little fridge. I heard the shower running, so she was probably still busy.

I took a seat on the blue couch and made myself comfortable. I grabbed a magazine that was lying on the coffee table.

Flicking through the pages, I decided to lit up a joint. Patting my pockets for one, I only felt my lighter in there. Fuck, did I even bring one?

I heard the shower turn off and moments later, Amara was walking out off the little shower space. She was drying her hair with her towel, not noticing me sitting in front of her.

"Yo, fuckface." I said. She let out a yell that I was sure was audible in the club itself. I don't doubt that.

"Jesus, Liliana! You scared the living daylight out of me!" she told me, trying to catch her breath. I started laughing as she threw her towel at me.

She grabbed her bag and threw on a gold, sequined dress. I gaped at the thing she decided to wear. Amara noticed my shocked expression and turned around.

"What? Too cold? Too little? Too mu-?"

"Wayyy too much! I thought we only wanted to go grab a drink again! Look at what I am wearing!" I said, pointing to my boring clothes. Her eyebrows raised and she started laughing.

"I was thinking of going somewhere fancy tonight. I don't want to just go for a drink anymore tonight" She said, mimicking me and sticking out her tongue.

She looked at my clothes and decided to question them.

"You're not wearing that now, are you?" she asked. I looked at her confused.

"I don't have anything else to wear, I will need to go home first." I told her.

She rolled her eyes and picked up her bag. She handed me a black, tight dress with spagetthi straps. I looked at the piece of fabric in my hands and decided to put it on.