VII • the zoo

Nikki's POV

Nikki's POV

I haven't seen or heard from Liliana in a week. And to be honest with you, it's freaking me out.

I can't reach her in any way. I tried calling her at least thirty times over the last seven days and I've visited her house everyday, twice a day. No one seemed to be home, not even Meghan.

The guys and I decided to go look for her again yesterday. We went to all the places that could possibly be linked to her, but we had no luck in finding her. We even split up in pairs to try and find her faster. However, nothing helped.

I woke up this morning feeling anxious as hell. The first thing I did when I got out of bed, was shooting up. The agony of her being in pain, lost or possibly even dead was taking a toll on me.

I needed something heavier to calm myself down.

Sitting on the lounge chair outside with my head buried in my hands, Mick tries to reassure me with his words.

"Look man, I'm sure she's okay. She just got scared of being intimate with someone after just being raped three weeks prior. That's totally normal." he says, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Plus, the cocaine didn't really help either." he states. I sigh and quickly bounce my legs.

"I should've never agreed with her trying cocaine. I knew it wasn't going to end up well, Mick. And look what has happened now." I say, tears threatening to fill my eyes.

"I probably lost her." I say sadly.

After sitting on the lounge chair for too long, I get up and make my way inside.

"What are you going to do?" Mick questions. I turn around and look at him.

"Find my girl." I state, turning back around and leaving the appartment.

------

Holding my fist up to knock on her front door for the fifteenth time this week, I hesitate to do it. I've been trying to get ahold of her for an entire week. I've never been this determined about a girl, but something about her just makes me want to be with her.

Maybe it's useless. She probably won't even answer.

Deciding to knock anyway, I stand there with my head down, hoping to hear the sound of the lock clicking open.

Not hearing anything, I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I turn around and start making my way back to my car.

"Nikki?" I hear a voice say. I snap my head back to look at her door.

But the person I so desperately wanted to see, wasn't standing there.

"Hi, Meghan." I fake a smile. "Is Lili home? I've been trying to get ahold of her for a week now, but she won't talk to me in any way." I tell her.