douze

Tatum pulls into her driveway and unlocks the doors, getting out. She screams loudly when she sees Jasper holding an unbuckled and sleepy Avery in his arms. Tatum places her hand over her heart and Jasper slowly walks over to her. He uses his hand to raise her chin up to face him. His eyes scan all over her face to check for any injuries or signs she had lied during the call.

"I'm so relieved you're okay, darling," Jasper says, pulling her into a close hug, making sure not to squish the youngest one. Tatum wraps her arms around Jasper and Avery, holding them very tightly. 

"You should probably go pack your bags before Esme and Rosalie drive here themselves," Jasper says with the smallest of smiles. Tatum nods her head which was against his shoulder. She leaves the hug and grabs the house key from her lanyard, which was stuffed into her back pocket. She opens the door and quickly grabs Avery's ready-to-go sleepover bag. She sets that by the door and stumbles her way to her room. 

"Where is my fucking bag?" Tatum grumbles to herself, looking under her bed for her spare backpack. She looks in her laundry basket and dresser before opening the closet, finding it hung up. 

"Didn't know my backpack was gay," Tatum jokes quietly to herself. Her laughter ceased as she runs and stumbles around her room for the stuff she'll need. She grabs a hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, her mom's old scrunchies, foundation, and mascara; she stuffs it all into a smaller pocket in the backpack.

"Pajamas, clothes for tomorrow, socks, sous-vêtements, my school backpack, my- my uh, sonnerie-phone! My phone and charger and that should be it!" Tatum says, frustrated that she forgot the word phone. She zips up her bag and swings it over her arm and onto her back. She skips down the steps to find Jasper holding a sleeping Avery with the little backpack on his back. 

"Give me one second, please," Tatum asks with a soft smile, running back up the stairs to do something. Jasper could feel the excitement radiating off her so he didn't say anything. She jumps down the stairs with a camera in hand. She motions for him to stand still while she snaps a photo or two. She unzips and places the camera gently in her backpack, zipping it back up again. 

"Shall we?" Jasper asks her, gesturing towards his car. Tatum nods, letting him go outside before locking the house up. Jasper grabs the car seat from Tatum's car and transfers it to Edward's car that the latter let Jasper borrow. 

Tatum gets into the front seat and Jasper slips into the driver's seat. He cautiously grabs a gentle hold of her left hand, giving it the softest squeeze he could muster. She looks to Jasper and sees him already staring at her, she smiles shyly before giving his hand a squeeze, too.

Jasper regretfully lets go of her hand and starts up the car. The three leave the Fernsby family home and head to the Olympic coven's home. The drive was by no means long, but with all the overthinking happening in the passenger seat; it sure felt like forever. 

The expensive car pulls into the driveway, immediately being greeted by one Alice Cullen. She was standing outside with Rosalie and the two were just talking like normal sisters. Until they realized who was in the car.

"Jasper, Tatum, Avery! It's so nice to see you again!" Alice says, bouncing from her seat and walking towards Tatum, giving her a welcoming hug. Rosalie follows with a genuine smile before non-discreetly watching Jasper carry Avery out of the car. 

"How's the little guy doin'?" Emmett asks sincerely from the front door. Tatum gets released from the hug and looks at Jasper holding her nephew. She sighs before glancing between Rosalie and Emmett.

"He's definitely spooked, all though, he'll be okay once he wakes up and realizes where he is," Tatum says, gesturing to the family and their home.  Another figure appears from behind Emmett and Tatum knew who it was exactly. 

"Tatum Fernsby?"

"Dr. Cullen."

"It's nice to finally understand who my kids keep talking about," Carlisle says with a smile. His children groan and complain against his statement, even though they all knew it was correct. 

"Well, c'mon in. It's getting dark anyway, might as well start a movie or board game." Carlisle says, waving all the teens inside. Tatum grabs her two bags but another hand grabs one of her bags.

"You can keep the school one in the car," Edward says, placing her school backpack back in the car before locking it. He passes her, going inside the house with all the others. Now it was just her and Jasper, plus a knocked out Avery.

"We better get inside before Emmett starts cheating," Jasper says, grabbing and dragging Tatum to the front door.

"Hey! I do not cheat." Emmett says sourly as the two enter the house.

"Both of you cheat, everyone knows this by now," Esme says from behind everyone. She exchanged smiles with Tatum before sitting down next to her husband before pulling out Apples To Apples. She smirks before making a legendary and badass comment. 

"Now, who's ready to lose?"