Kiss of Darkness 13

KOD 13

~This chapter is probably my worst yet, but the next one will hopefully be better, please don't stop reading cuz this chapter was meh. I'll get right on typing the next chapter=)~

"Good luck with that," Rose scoffed, staring at me with a 'You're one crazy girl" look. She walked over to the other end of the counter and picked up the three manila folders.

She flipped through one that was marked 'Rose' and groaned.

"Dammmmit!" She yelled. She threw mine at me and opened hers on the table so I could see.

There was a cover page in both of ours. The words 'Job Application' were typed in huge font.

"A job application?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, you don't think he uses his own money to feed us do you?" She explained. I flipped through my file, there was also a second part, a hit mission. But according to the notes, I wasn't supposed to kill until three days in. Why, I have no clue, but I could only thank god that there were three days before I had to.

"Sunflower! Job!" She yelled in the general direction of the loft. Sunflower came down reluctantly.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you," she said quietly, looking at me with huge doe eyes.

"It's fine, I get why you did it," I said, recalling Dylan.

She opened her file, and threw it on the floor. She walked in the general direction of the bathroom, to the right of the kitchen.

"Hey, I'm gonna take a shower. Can I borrow some...stuff?" I asked Rose, uncomfortably.

"Sure, what do you need? We can get some for you after the job," she said.

"Girl stuff...," I said, slightly embarrassed.

"Just say a bra and underwear. We're all girls here," she sighed, throwing me a bundle of clothes. Luckily, we were the same cup size, or about. I don't know, I didn't stare at her chest!

I walked quickly to the bathroom, thinking about my ways to get out. Rose wouldn't help me, that was for sure.

Steam hit my face as I opened the door.

I made my way through the room, coming to an empty shower stall. It was like a changing room in a gym, but when you were kidnapped, it wasn't bad. I couldn't figure out how to escape. When we left the room, we had to wear collars or else the invisible fence thing would zap us into French fries. The collars also were trackers that latched onto our necks, and it also shocked us. Not to mention our tattoos that also zapped us.

I sighed out loud. Sunflower started humming from somewhere t my left. I squinted through the fog and made out a bright yellow. As my eyes focused, I saw that it was a bright sunflower tattoo across her back. The flower was surrounded by a wreath of red flames, taking up her whole back.

"Sunflower?" I asked, trying to reach out to her through the fog.

"Yeah?" she answered.

"You're not alone," I said, trying to make her feel better. Having only an older brother, I wasn't good at pep talks.

"Yeah." She said with sadness. Then I watched her brightly colored back move away from me, into the thick mist, and disappear.

I ran my fingers through my hair, sighing.

~~Sunflower~~

"You're not alone." She had said. No, I'm not. But, I'm the youngest one here. The weakest. The most underestimated. Maybe that's why all of my missions were all killing ones. I wrapped myself with a towel and walked out of the bathroom. Rose was sitting on her bed, sharpening what looked like a throwing knife. I climbed my loft.

"Sun, she's more fragile than you. Be more careful," Rose said, not even looking up.

I sighed. Rose always knew that I was sort of bi-polar, but I tried to be a happy, cheerful, bubbly person.

I grabbed the short blue dress I knew I'd need for my mission. Mason, the mayor's son. I'd been visiting him after every mission the past couple of weeks, orders of Jag. Today, was the day I had to get rid of him. I inhaled slowly, trying to clear my mind. I slipped into the dress and climbed the ladder down.

"Rose, could you get Chryssy? We're going soon," I said quietly.

Rose got up, tucking the knife into her waistband.

I walked slowly to the lockers, packing my makeup kit into my backpack. Poison, check. Poor, Mason. I clicked the metal collar onto my neck and sat down next to the door. Mason was the closest thing I'd ever had to a boyfriend. But whatever, if Jag wants it. It'll be done.