Kiss 14

Kiss of Darkness 14

I think I've had my breakthrough, the next few chapters are going to be shorter but um I'm going to try=) Thanks anyone who's read this far, I know that the chapters are short and somewhat scattered. If anyone has any ideas at all, please tell me=) and suggest stories for me to read too! Thanks again!

~~Sunflower~~

I sat across from Chrysanthemum. She stared outside the window with a longing look on her face. She still had a chance; I couldn’t help but feel like there was still hope for her. No one would miss me. Jag saved me from that evil family. They didn’t even care. Jag was my savior, my hero, my knight in shining armor.

The limo pulled up to a house that I recognized as the mayor’s. Clark, the limo driver, opened my door and gave me a warm smile. I smiled back, out of habit, and continued toward the house. Before I’d reached the door, Mason opened the door and greeted me with a smile.

“Hey Babe,” he grinned. I smiled back and hugged him as he came up to me.

“Parents out again?” I asked with a sly smile. Acting was my passion before I was saved. It was probably the only thing I ever liked.

“Of course,” he said, kissing my forehead. I heard the limo screech away as we stood hugging in the threshold of the door.

“What are we gonna watch today?” I asked, twirling my hair with my finger. I bit my lip and gave him a cute smile.

“Old classic, Batman and Robin,” he said, chuckling. He grabbed my wrist and took me inside the house. The house was glass, metal, and white walls. The levity of it all made me stick out like a sore thumb. You could tell Mason belonged here, his surfer-style blonde hair and light blue eyes, his preppy outfit.

“So, ready to start the movie?” he asked, jumping onto the couch.

“Can I go to the bathroom first?” I asked.

“Sure, down there, first door on the left,” he said, pointing down a hallway to my left.

I hurried along, leaving the whiteness, the pureness, of the walls behind me. I reached the door and slipped in quickly, the whiteness reminded me of the hospital. The place that they had sent me. The bathroom was big, darkly tiled. It was a stark contrast to the impeccable whiteness outside.

I looked in the mirror, a young, innocent looking girl stared back at me. I sighed, running my hand through my hair. “Get ready, Mason,” I smiled. The girl mimicked my motions, her innocence ruined by the evil glint in her eyes.

I opened my bag and searched around until I found what I was looking for. They were small tape thin pieces of plastic, coated in a clear poison. I smiled at the situation, watching Batman and Robin, killing the same way Ivy did. I put the covers on my lips and applied a thin layer of gloss over it.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Mason getting drinks ready for us.

“I got it,” I smiled. He walked to the couch and plopped down again, switching on the TV.

We sat and watched the movie partway, then he moved his arm over my shoulders. Following a routine I’d done so many times, I rested my head on his shoulder.

He kissed my forehead again, moving his other arm around my waist. This was it.

I ran my hand through his hair, pulling his lips to mine. His body went rigid almost instantly, then he fell limp in my arms. I wiped his lips so no trace of my gloss remained.

“Bye Mason,” I said. I took a picture of his limp form and gathered up my things.

I took one last look at the body of Mason. I looked away and peeled off the poisoned lips and I clicked a button on my collar, “Clark, come pick me up.”