I Cant Help It

I wake up in a surprisingly good mood, excited for being able to try my dress on. It should be coming sometime this morning. Michael is a businessman. He is able to get over prioritized packaging sent and handed to him in less than 24 hours.

Lucky. The amount of beauty products I ordered from catalogues take at least one month to get here. Michael could buy a brand new Corvette and get it to him in less than 2 days.

Perks of being a global superstar right?

I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth as usual, take a shower and whatnot. I'm surprised Michael hadn't barged in screaming songs and jumping on my bed like a little kid. It's kind of odd.

He only thing that's odd around here is that's it's  oddly quiet.

A little too quiet.

After freshening up, I go downstairs to the foyer and look around. Finally I see him, talking .. no .. arguing with someone on the phone outside the front door. The door is closed so I couldn't hear a thing, only muffled words.

Should I closer?
No..
wait.. what if...Maybe?
Nah, I don't want to be in someone's business.. he'll tell me about it..

I inhale battling my thoughts, debating if I should go. I want to but my thoughts won't let me.

Ah fuck it.

What's the worst that would happen?

Walking towards the door, my anxiety grows more and more as I get closer. I put my hand on the doorknob and attempt to quietly open it. Just a crack of the door and..

"Tatiana, I told you already. I'm not taking you as a date to the AMA's, find someone else if you even can. Now leave me the FUCK alone."

Michael, angrily slams the phone on the ground and kicks it. He then, sits down on the porch steps and sighs running his hands through his hair.

I have never seen him this angry before. I feel even more hesitant to go out. But I don't want him to beat himself up over this, I want to see a smile on his face at all costs. Even if I have to sacrifice the whole world for him.. just to see him smile. I want all that stress to go away.

"Michael?"

Michael turns around quickly and gets scared, being so in his head that he didn't even hear me come out.

"Oh hey, Y/N! Did you sleep well?"

He puts on a fake smile, yet again; he acts like I can't easily see through his facade.

"Yes I did, thank you! But that's not why I came out here. Is everything okay?"

Michael tilts his head in confusion

"Yeah, why?"

I point to the very broken house phone on the ground and look back at him and he gets all flustered; looking away from me, clearly embarrassed that I saw him in a sensitive state like that.

"Come here."

Michael pats down next to him and I sit down like he asked. He turns to me and gently hugs me without saying anything.

"Michael-"

"Y/N .. please .. I need this."