Chapter Sixteen

Sadie POV:

"Let's do this." My wolf said and howled. Hopefully she was heard. The wolves slowly circled me, but I showed no sing of fear as I growled back at them.

They would try to take me by surprise, but luckily for me, I grew up with the Alpha and Beta. I dodged every move they made, waiting for the right time to make my move.

There was a ferocious growl that ripped through the air. Right on time, baby.

While the rouges were distracted, I pounced on the wolf to my left and sank my canines into his neck, causing him to help in pain.

Alex had taken down one of the rouges but another appeared. "This is going to be a blood bath. There are more. I smell them." My wolf said.

Just as she said those words, David and Sam pounced on the rouge I didn't even know was about to attack me.

Another rouge, much bigger than the others walked in front of me. I dig my paws into the ground and growled loudly at him.

I heard a loud whimper comes from behind me. I wanted to look but I knew if I took my eye of the rouge he would pounce. "Kill him." My wolf said dangerously low. "No. We need him alive. He's bigger, so I'm guessing he is the brains behind all this." I retorted. "Then what?" She asked. "We mame him." I replied before lunging and sinking my teeth into his leg.

Alex ran up to me as I refused to let go no matter how much the wolf lashed at me. He talked him to the ground growling in his face.

I looked around and saw the other rouges lying motionless on the ground. "We did it." I told my wolf in disbelief.

Finally, making the rouge shift, Sam slapped a pair of silver cuffs on him.

After he was taken away, Alex turned to me. They way he looked at me was different. Every emotion ran a Ross his face. But the most important one was pride. Pride in his mate.

Well.. When I got home, I didn't get that look from mom and dad.

"What the hell were you thinking, Sadie!" My dad yelled. I'm so sick of being treated like a child. "i was protecting my pack! After all, that is what a Luna does right?!" I yelled at him. "Don't talk to your father that way!" Mom yelled. "Or what!" I retorted. She couldn't believe I talked to her like that.

"Sadie did her job. She's right. As Luna it is her job, as much as it is mine, to protect her pack." Alex cut in. My wolf purred in contentment. "Can I have him now?"  She asked, her voice full of lust. "Shut up!" I yelled at her.

"You could have gotten killed." Dad said. "If I hadn't done something, Ellie, Lex, and I would all be dead. I did what I had to." I said calmly.

Speaking of Ellie and Lex, they ran inside a few moments later, with my brother and Jude behind. I internally groaned. "Did she really have to bring him?" My wolf asked.

Sam ran to me and hugged me tight. "I'm so proud of you. Thank you for keeping my mate safe." He said as he squeezed. I smiled and hugged him back.

"It was surprisingly fun. That adrenaline. Goddess, it was crazy." I said, dumbfounding everyone in the room. "what happened to being afraid of rouges?" Lex asked. "I still am." I said. "You sure as hell didn't have a problem ripping that mutt's throat out. You didn't seem too afraid to me." Alex said, pride filling his words. "Adrenaline man. It does wonders." I said, jokingly.

Alex swiftly picked me up and carried me to my room. "You have no idea how proud I am of you." He said as he sat me on the bed. "Can I ask you something?" He nodded and waited for me to continue. "Can I question the rouge we caught?" I asked. "The one you caught." He corrected. I laughed lightly. "I'm serious, baby. Please?" I asked again. He sighed. "Sure. But I want to be there." He said. "Deal."