Chapter Twenty Eight

Four months later

Sadie POV:

It's getting harder to get out of bed recently. I feel like I've swallowed a bowling ball. Since Alex and I found out we were having twins, he's been rushing to get the nursery ready, while trying to keep me from doing anything.

We're having a boy and a girl, Lucas Alexander and Layla Rae. We are more than ready to have our little pups and I can't wait to meet them. All of our pack members were so excited about the pregnancy, always coming up to feel them kick or just to talk about them. All the children here are older than three now so everyone was anxious to say the least.

"Well, hello there." Ellie said sitting next to me on the couch as I spaced out, daydreaming. "Hey." I said and smiled. "I have something to tell you, my bestest friend in the whole world." She said with a wide grin on her face. "And what would that be?" I asked. "Sam wants me to wait for everyone to get here." I raised an eyebrow at that. "Who is everyone?" I asked her, crossing my arms. She only winked at me and walked to the kitchen.

Soon after, there were loud footsteps rushing to the front door. Sam was first. Alex was behind him and tackled him to the floor.

"What the hell are you two doing?" I asked them. They looked up at me and smiled sheepishly. "We got bored?" Sam said, making it sound like a question. I just sighed heavily. "Please, don't break anything." I told them turning back to my food.

Not long after, Jude and Lex walked through the door.

"Okay, why are there so many people in my house right now?" I asked. Sam walked over to Ellie and wrapped his arm around her.

Alex lightly rubbed my stomach before kissing my cheek. I smiled as my cheeks turned pink.

I turned back to my brother and his mate, waiting for them to answer.

"We're having a pup." Sam said, smiling proudly. My eyes lit up. "Are you serious?" I asked. Ellie nodded frantically with a huge smile on her face. "That's so awesome." I said happily, hugging both of them.

Ellie, Lex, and I talked a while longer about the pups, while the guys sat in the living room goofing around.

"When did you find out?" Lex asked Ellie. "Last night. Sam literally fainted." Ellie replied causing everyone in the house to laugh. "You promised you wouldn't tell anyone!" Sam called out. "Sorry, baby!" She called back.

Over the next couple of weeks, I helped Ellie get some things ready for her pup, to the best of my abilities. Dr. Ward said Lucas and Layla could come any day now, so I had to keep the activity to a minimum.

I was standing in the doorway of the nursery in our home that Alex and I share together. When the news came that we were having twins, we decided to buy a house of our own to raise the pups in.

Everything was perfect. Alex went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of for the twins. I don't know what I did for the moon goddess to bless me with such a perfect mate, but I would never question it.

It was late that night, when I felt a hard kick to my stomach, waking me. I sat up and hissed in pain. "Oh, come on. I'm exhausted guys." I mumbled before feeling another huge kick. This one being so painful, I groaned loudly. I then felt a large wet puddle underneath me. I stood and felt something wet running down my legs. Oh shit!

I shook Alex's arm. "Alex." I said, wincing in pain. He sat up quickly. "What's wrong?" He asked. "It's time."