Chapter Twenty Four

Sadie POV:

I couldn't exactly go back into the doctor's office covered in blood, so I jogged to Alex's bedroom, ignoring my sinking heart when I walk in. I took a quick shower and changed my clothes.

"That was the most fun I've had in a long time." My wolf said. "I don't know which is scarier. The fact that you enjoyed it or the fact that I did." I replied. It's true. It acted the hell out of me because I wanted to do it again. "And we will." My wolf told me. Great..

When I walked in to see Alex, he still hasn't moved. "Luna, I have some fairly good news." The doctor said.

"What's up, doc?" I asked and sat next to Alex. "He's showing more signs of brain activity. He's fighting to wake his wolf. Seems to be working." He said making me smile wide. "So he could wake up soon?" I asked. He smiled back at me. "A few days tops." He said. I jumped up and hugged him. "Thanks, doc. I owe you one." I said before smiling down at Alex.

"I'm so proud of you." I whispered through our link. Now I'm hoping he hears me.

Alex POV:

"Come on, you lazy bastard. We can do this." I told my wolf. "I'm working on it, asshole." He started talking to me again but he would be in and out. I've pushed him and pushed him but the progress is much slower than I would like.

I hear Sadie every day. I know she's here with me and I know that's how I'm alive right now.

"I'm so proud of you." I heard my mate whisper in my head. I internally smiled. She's perfect. "I'll see you soon, my perfect mate." I whispered back.

Goddess knows how much longer I lied there until I started to hear the beep or the heart monitor. My eyes were heavy and I was having trouble opening them. I groaned loudly when I felt the pain in my body.

I heard foot steps rushing closer to me. "Alpha?" I heard my gamma. "Sadie.. Where is she?" I whispered, slowly opening my eyes, only to snap them shut again when the bright light blinded me.

"Get the Luna! Now!" I heard Sam yell.  I felt Sam's hand on my upper arm. "How do you feel?" He asked. "Hell warmed over." I said laughing lightly.

"Alex?" My beautiful mate was standing in the doorway. "Sadie.." I whispered before reaching out to her. She instantly ran to me and flung herself into my arms, crying historically.

"You stupid bastard." She said before kissing me. "I'm so sorry. I should have gotten to you sooner. I'm so so sorry." She continued, burying her face  in my neck. "It's not your fault baby. I-" She cut me off with another kiss. "We'll talk about this later. Let me be with you for now." She said making me smile. "I love you." I told her. "I love you, too." She replied, laying her head on my chest.

I missed having her here with me. I ignored the pain I was feeling until I heard her wince.

"Baby, why didn't you tell me I was hurting you?" She asked. Of course she could feel it. She kissed my forehead before standing. "I'm gonna find the doctor and see if we can't get something for that, okay?" She asked. What did I do to deserve her? "Okay." I replied before looking at the damage on my body.

I was still covered in cuts and bruises but they looked so much better than they did the day I escaped.

Sadie POV:

Alex was awake! I hadn't had this much energy or been this happy since the day he was taken. My mind was going a hundred miles a minute, thinking of the possible reason Alex would allow this to happen. I wasn't going to bring it up yet, though. It's been two whole weeks since I've heard his beautiful voice and I wasn't going to ruin it.

"Dr. Ward? Can my mate get something for his pain please?" I asked him. He smiled politely at me. "Anything, Luna." He said before walking to Alex's room.

I sat by Alex's side as Dr. Ward checked Alex's vitals and cleaning his wounds. When he would wince, my hand instinctively reached up to run though his hair. My mate was home and he was safe.