Chapter 10

Birds were chirping as you woke from your slumber and the sun was shining down on your body, warming you up. You could hear several of you bones creak and crack from being in-active and you yawned. Surprisingly you hadn't been woken by any of the humans, just how long were they going to take to get here? Maybe they were attacked by that vicious badger? either way you could wait a few hours, and if they didn't come you could walk back.

Staring at the castle ruins you wondered what to do, you knew they probably were irritated with you as you literally sprinted off into the forest, so doing something helpful for them would possibly make up for it.

Then an idea popped in our head and you started ripping the moss and vines carefully from the castle in an attempt to make it look less like an abandoned ruin, and so far it was working.

It did not take long before most of the plant life was removed and placed on a neat pile and just as you pulled the last bit vine you heard the familiar galloping of horses hooves and loud speech. You glanced behind you and the humans had finally made it unscathed (the badger must have been asleep). As soon as Armin spotted you his worried expression changed and you swore he smiled at you, but The small man behind him was quite the opposite. He looked like he was about to destroy someones souls, and your snorted in amusement.

''There you are you little-'' He said before pausing to look at the castle then at you.

''Am I supposed to be impressed? That's a shit attempt at cleaning''

You growled but didn't do anything else as Erwin intervened, stepping in the middle of the both of you.

''Now now Levi, it is not the time to scold her, after all she did come to the arranged place and wait'' You nodded in agreement and Levi 'tched' before trotting towards the castle, with the rest of the humans following him.

A camp was set up and the moss and vines were used as fuel for a fire outside of the castle. Due to too much plant life inside said castle they had to wait until tomorrow to clean it out as the solider who went back for supplies hadn't arrived yet. Reluctantly you were asked by the green eyed boy to pull out a few trees for them to sit on and you did, ripping them out from the roots and breaking them down to sit-able logs within a minute.

There was small chatter between the humans as they spoke to each other and ate, some laughing and some in deep conversation. You pelt a pang of envy and loneliness as you sat at the side, a few meters away observing them but you didn't do anything, after all you were a monster in their eyes.

Sighing, you laid back against the castle, staring into the sky again, you were just about to go to sleep when someone said;

''Uh, excuse me?''

You faced the source of the voice, which was the pale brown haired boy who attempted to kill you before standing awkwardly with Armin who was gesturing to the boy as if to say ''well, say something then''. A few seconds passed of silence but he finally spoke again

''...Sorry for attacking you earlier'' He said looking at the floor then at you and he was just about to go back to the fire when you reached out, making him freeze, and you patted him on the head and smiled. Armin watched your action and nodded at the boy Reassuring him. You looked at the blonde with a questioning look on your face as you wanted to know this boys name and a second later he realised what your expression meant and said his name was ''Jean''.

After you had finished patting Jean which made him blush brightly as he was not expecting your gentleness, they both were just about to turn around to go back to the logs near the fire before you made a noise of protest.

''Please''

Both of them stared at you and you spoke again

''Stay''

They looked at each other and back at you ''You want us to stay with you?'' Armin inquired, and you nodded. Jean had a puzzled look and asked ''why?''

''Lonely''

This time you said it quietly, so quiet it was almost a whisper. There was one thing you didn't like about being a titan, and that was the fact you were almost always on your own as you hadn't met a titan like yourself and the only comfort was either watching animals together or humans and when you saw them with their families or their friends laughing and talking to each other, your heart clenched.

Armin was immediately the first to agree, climbing on your lap and sitting on you without saying a word, but it took a few minutes and words of persuasion and Jean joined him, sitting next to Armin. Happy that they stayed you purred loudly which made Jean jump and Armin chuclke.

''A titan that purrs? now I've seen everything'' Jean said, sitting back down on you.

And whilst all this was happening, the green eyed boy watched his best friend with eyes full of curiosity and a certain raven haired corporal was eating a bread roll, eyes riddled with irritation as he watched you interact with the two humans.