Chapter 14

You were scared, no as a matter of fact you were petrified. It had been at four months since your human friends had left to finally solve the mystery about the titans' existence and help mankind recover and finally be free from its 'cage'. But not a word came back to you letting you know if they were stable, safe and unharmed. Not even one of those little birds was sent to you the humans would use to communicate with each other. However you had tried to remain positive throughout the days and did various tasks to keep yourself entertained and occupied even though there was a gut wrenching feeling of despair slowly starting to swell in your stomach.

Though one thing that did make you smile was the memory of the day that they left.

Armin nearly started crying because he wanted to stay and make sure no other humans would head to the castle and possibly find you, and mistake you for one of the dangerous titans, but you comforted him and reassured him you would be fine. Then some of the humans such as the one called Jean, the one called Eren and their leader, Erwin. But there was one more goodbye from a person you didn't expect it from; Levi. Of course he had waited till the rest of the humans were ahead and preparing to leave on their horses.

"Oi, brat. I need to tell you something..." he had his usual look of grumpiness, and you nodded, leaning down to his level.

"....you remind me of someone....." his stare was quite intense, and you could feel your face heat up as you tilted your head in confusion. Levi then started to speak again, but his cheeks started to gain a pink hue and he ended up clearing his throat instead. "Never mind......I tell you when I get back" You frowned. Why couldn't he tell you now? Was the person you were apparently similar to bad? Either way your thoughts were interrupted by Levi's comment

"Stop frowning brat. I don't like it, and if it's bothering you that damn much then I will promise to tell you as soon as I get back. Happy?" You swore that his cheeks got even pinker, and you smiled happily as you nodded.

Now you knew the small human was capable of many things and probably had a lot more knowledge than yourself, also you knew that he was dangerous and a necessity to the humans and their cause. But you didn't want him to go. Because there was a possibility he may never come back and fulfil his promise.

It hurt you emotionally and mentally. What if that person he knew that you remind him of was someone he loved? Cherished? And what if that was why he couldn't say it?. All of these thoughts were processing through your mind so much to the point where you feel asleep and dreamt about Levi. Though it was a strange one that made you wake up feeling violated with a red face

The day finally came.

After so long the humans had finally came back. And they were quite cheerful, some were even singing random songs as well as they rode their horses back to the castle. You smiled and leant down beside them, hoping to spot Levi. But the only humans you recognized that well was Eren, and Eren was not singing. If anything he looked like he wanted to punch something in the face and cry at the same time.

Your smile faded slightly and you tried to get the humans attention by reaching down to poke him gently. He did notice though, and looked up to you.

"...Levi?" you asked in the softest voice, as you did not want to agitate or provoke the troubled young human, but the pained expression that he showed when you said his name showed you failed. "hes....he....he's in there" Eren pointed to one of the caravans behind him and you nodded, the gut wrenching feeling getting worse and worse before exploding inside you when you saw the human. He was laid down, bundled up in a blanket, his pale face being the only body part visible as they rest was covered with blanket. Your eyes watered and you hoped he was just sleeping, not dead or in a coma.

"He....he...protected me....oh ...there was so much blood...." You could hear Eren screaming this in the background before he let out loud sobs, and this ended up triggering you to jump up and run away from the humans, away from the castle and into the forest. Tears began to stream down your face, but you focused on getting as far away as possible. An hour passed before you stopped running, and you were very deep into the forest. But your whereabouts were the least of your concerns right now. You were too busy crying your eyes out and picturing Levi's lifeless face.