The Party Princess (Feedback)

I read the first three chapters of the book. Chapter one gives a pretty good preview into the storyline as well as provides contextual historical info. Based on this one chapter I'm going to say this book is about the plain jane that becomes pretty and popular. She can get any guy she wants, except the one guy she always wanted. The more she does to get his attention, the more she turns him off.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Ethan is interested but is stopped by the bro code, and the fact that he feels she is worth so much more than the nonsense she is currently doing with her life.

I like the author's writing style. She is very good at bringing these characters to life. I feel like these two will definitely combust more sooner than later, and most likely she will be the one to push him over the edge.

I will definitely continue reading.

csuigar

~~~~~~

I thought this was one of the easier stories to read. The chapters were short and concise so I managed to breeze through ten chapters fairly quickly. The summary description does give us an obvious idea of what the story is about - a girl with a party lifestyle who learns to change her wild, seemingly empty ways.

While this was an easy read, I found there wasn't any depth with any of the characters besides Vic. I actually quite like Vic. She seems happy and carefree. But everyone else is described in a way that makes it difficult for me to connect or even care for them, including Ethan. It's like they're just plot devices to move the story forward. Vic's friends are all interchangeable to me; the only topics she discusses with them are partying and boys. It just seems so artificial. They're not just vapid; they fall flat personality-wise.

Ethan also is NOT a likable character. He does nothing but slut-shames Vic and she just takes the insults. I get the impression that he thinks that, because of his lifestyle choices, he's superior to her. Whether this is the impression that was intended to be given, it was the impression I got. I couldn't root for him and Vic to get together. I didn't even understand why she'd have a crush on him when he incessantly demeans her. His general behaviour towards her and his comments left a bad taste in my mouth. Vic deserves better.

The writing style isn't bad. I think it's pretty good. I think the dialogue is also natural; I could see people in everyday life saying these things. But there wasn't enough of it. I felt like the conversation in the diner could have been more prevalent and much longer to establish a bigger connection between Vic and Ethan but it was just given in a summary - like we're going through the motions. Like instead of just laying out that Ethan wants to be a DJ, express that through dialogue.

The story itself is also riddled with spelling errors and overuse of semicolons, as well as incorrect use of capitalization. It was prominent enough to be distracting to me. Caps should not be used after a semicolon. And semicolons shouldn't be used unless it's a proper stop or break in a sentence. Otherwise, you're getting random pauses everywhere and it breaks the flow of the writing.

I personally would not read further than I did outside of this club. Vic isn't a bad character. The writing could be great with some editing and the story idea is decent. But I can't stomach Ethan trying to help Vic become a better person because he comes across much worse than her.

_rumandcocacola

~~~~~~

I read 7 chapters so far and to be honest I was shocked that Ethan could be so harsh towards Victoria. I mean okay so she dresses rather flashy and party but to him, he thinks it's inappropriate for her to have fun. Even he was raised in a conservative family he shouldn't be so judgemental towards her. And as for Victoria, I know that she used to have a crush on Ethan but I'm concerned about how she feels whenever Ethan's around. All in all, Ethan is really hard to understand and Victoria is really really having a hard time on how to live her life without much guidance. The author really made Ethan look like a cold-hearted person while Victoria acting and looking like a full-on party girl. without feeling so self-conscious.

JaszmeneSmith

~~~~~~

The book was about a party girl that got the chance to have a one night stand with the boy of her dreams. I found the book to be surprisingly well written. It finds it's a way to originality in a genre that is overcrowded with cliche stories. The plot pulled me in and I found myself reading most of the book excited to see how the relationship with Victoria and Ethan would unfold. The characters were well drawn out. They were easy to empathize with and relate to. The grammar was on point making it an easy read. The author expressed the character's emotions well without telling me what was happening from one scene to the next. The pacing flowed well. This is on par with some of the professional writing out there. I would definitely read more of this author's work in the future. Well Done!

Gentle_Gen85