Chapter 82 : Reconcile

Camila's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The sound of my phone buzzing beside me woke me up from my sleep. I groaned while trying to reach for it. I grabbed it and held it in front of my face to see who is calling. After I noticed that Justin's name appeared on the screen, I instantly rose up from bed and hit the green button. Only God knows how I miss him so badly.

"Hello? Justin?" I answered excitedly.

"Hey baby." his voice oozed through the phone. Just by hearing the word 'Baby' could really made my heart flutter.

"How are you? Is everything okay?" I asked, still worrying about his condition.

"I'm getting better. Don't worry about me." he tried to reassure me that he was okay.

"Urmmm..."

"I'm sorry for..." I began.

"No. It's my fault. I'm the one who supposed to be sorry. Not you, Camila." he cut me off before I could finish what I wanted to say.

"Uh." that was the only thing that came out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry for what I said the other day. I shouldn't have said that and I know I've been a complete idiot to Steve." he told me. Although I couldn't see his face from the other side but I know that he felt guilty about what he did to Steve.

"I know. You should apologise to him."

"I did." he said.

"Well, he came to see me earlier today and we already worked it out." he added and my lips were pulled into a smile.

Alhamdulillah! I couldn't explain how grateful I am that they've worked things out between them. I don't want them to be fighting with each other because of me. I know Justin very well. Justin doesn't know how to handle his emotions when it comes to jealousy.

"You did? I'm so glad to hear that."

"Yea."

"I was wondering that..." he paused. I could imagine him rubbing the back of his neck at that time like he always do.

"What?"

"You might wanna come over here. Visit me perhaps?" he asked timidly.

"Oh, yea. Of course. I'll come over."

"Okay. I'll be waiting for you right here." he sounded surprise already.

"I'm coming." I said and hung up.

After I ended the conversation, I dropped my phone on the bed and hurried myself into the bathroom to wash my face. I got out and made my way towards the closet. I took out a mint green hijab from it and wrapped it neatly around my head before I went sprinting downstairs.

"Where are you going, young lady?" my mom encountered me as soon as she saw me running down the staircase.

"I'm going to see Justin." I smiled. For the past days, she had been pushing me to go and visit him at the hospital but I refused as I was still pissed by his words. Why is she so obsessed with that Justin Walker anyway?

"That's good. Off you go. Drive safely." she said, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"I will." I nodded and made my way towards the door.

I got out of the house and dug out my car keys from my handbag. I unlocked my car and got into the driver's seat before started driving towards my destination.

Justin's POV

I felt a slight of relief in my heart after hearing her sweet voice through the phone. Not to mention, she actually agreed to come over here. I haven't seen her beautiful face for 3 days and I would lift her onto the bed with me if I could move. Arghhh! I hate being stuck in this sanitary bed and not being able to stand up with my own feet.

I was waiting impatiently for her arrival and I was on cloud nine when I heard the sound of the door being opened.

"Camila?" I called but beyond my expectation, it revealed to my mother. OH NO! NOT THIS AGAIN!? Camila is gonna be here in any minute now. I don't want her laying even one finger on her. Steve isn't here to protect her anymore while I'm stuck in this damn bed.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" I asked, raising my voice as soon as I realized it was her.

"Justin, please..."

"I'm just here to see you, honey." she gazed at me with ocean eyes. Uh, wrong choice mom! I'm not falling for those eyes anymore!?

"Don't give me that look. I don't want you here!?" I half yelled and her eyes widen at my harsh words.

"Justin..."

"Please don't be like this. I'm here for you." she persuaded, taking a step closer towards me.

"NO! Get out!" I shouted at her.

"Alright..."

"If this is about what happened the other day, I'm sorry. I was just trying to protect you..."

"Protect me?" I cut her off before she get to express her ridiculous thoughts.

"What do you mean protect me? Protect me from what? From her?" although I was completely yelling at her, it was like I was laughing too.

"Justin..."

"OH MY LORD!? Stop pretending that you didn't know anything." I cut her off once again.

"You know what? I saw the man who was aiming towards me and Camila at the park. I remember his face, mom!? He was one of your guys right? Am I right?" I yelled, it was like I'm about to lose my mind sooner or later.

"It's not like that..."

"SHUT UP, MOM!? JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!?" I spit.

"Didn't you realize what you've done? You nearly killed the only girl I ever loved if I wasn't there just in time to save her." I yelled, staring at her with red eyes. I hate myself when I'm in this state but I was losing control of my mind.

"I know, Justin. It's my fault that you're lying in bed right now." she started crying and fell on her knees onto the floor.

"Oh, so you're aware of what you've done after all." I said sarcastically.

"What did you do it? What made her so special to you? You would even die for her? You didn't even know her in the first place, Justin." she cried, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I know her well enough to know that she loves me and I love her more." I made my tone clear before turning over to the other side, didn't want to look at her face anymore. It's too painful. How could a mother do that to her own child?