Chapter Four

AUTHORS NOTE: Before you continue with the chapter I wanted to let you know that every now and then there will be a chapter based in someone else's POV it can be in Jacobs, Aarons, Josh's or the main characters point of view. (Mainly Lydia's because she's the main character after all..)

Thank you and your bumble gum selves.

POV: Joshua Black AKA Josh

I walk into the school not so moody as normal, my wolf seems content for once. This is a weird feeling..

I don't have time to contemplate why I'm feeling this way before Jacob , my second In command comes up to greet me like he always does.

'Hey, Joshua!' He says in his usual sing song voice. I have always wondered how the cold and mysterious Aaron can be mates with Jacob, his total opposite. As they say Opposites attract...

'Jacob, I told you not to call me Joshua. But it's nice to see you in such high hopes as normal.'

I reply like I normally do, because no matter what he always has something to say anyways.

'And I told you to call me Jake but you don't do that, kind of like how you don't do your stinky laundry. At least the new girl will call me Jake, I just know it! I bet you'll like her. She doesn't talk though, because she's mute. She's really gorgeous, you know if I was straight and matless I'd totally be on her batting team. She has intense eyes, I think their scarier than yours..' The bell rings as he finishes up, I doubt this girl's eyes are that intense.

I walk with Jacob and Aaron who seemed to have joined us while we were talking, Jacob and Aaron kiss goodbye when he gets to his class. So now it's just me and Jacob, who is crossing his fingers that the new girl is in our class. I still don't know her name, Jacob is one track like me so it makes since to leave out some details.

We get to class one or two minuets before the bell rings, Mr. O'Brian is writing his name on the board.

Nothing like the first day of school and I already have girls tripping at my feet, The girls give me lust filled looks while the guys give me envied eyes. Just how I like it..

The bell rings and I pull out my phone, I text Aaron because he's constantly texting me now since he's learned that me and Jacob have a class together. Jacob doesn't have a phone so he resorts to texting me instead, it sucks.

'Hello, nice to see you finally join us Lydia.' Mr. O'Brian says to what I'm assuming is the new girl.

No answer was provided so Mr. O'Brian continues with whatever he has to say next, 'Do you want to introduce yourself to the class?' He still doesn't get a answer.

Instead Jacob answers for the girl, 'Sir, She doesn't talk she's a mute. But as of this morning me and her are bestfriends so she can sit with me and Joshua.'

I look up at Jacob and say for what seems to be the hundredths time today, 'I told you to call me Josh not Joshua.'

I feel eyes burning a hole in the side of my head so I look over to where the teachers standing.

The girl I know as only Lydia is standing there next to him. They kind of look alike, I look her straight in the eyes and time stops. I have to pause for a second to see if my hearts still beating.

Instantly I feel the connection to her and I know that I have found my mate. She's just like Jacob described, just better. I have to will myself not be affected by her unusual eyes. Dark grey that is brought out by her long and thick eyelashes. She looks so far off, closed off from everyone... She looks alone. I'm broken out of my thoughts as she looks away , I realize the teacher is speaking so I too look away.

'Okay, Mister Jacob and Mister Josh you have a new partner, I'm sure you will get along nicely.'

Mr. O'Brian winks as Lydia turns her back on him and walks up the pathway to us. She looks at me then the ground and seems to be focusing on the ground as if it were going to grab her a trip her. So I gather she's the clumsy type.. Cute.

She sits down in between me a Jacob, She motions for Jacob to hold on nd she pulls out a notebook with a hardcover with her name in gold cursive.

They pass notes back and forth and I see Jacob look over at me for a little before writing again. I take in Lydia's appearance, She has really long, longer than any girl's hair I've ever seen. It's Honey Blond and wavy which matches perfectly with her caramel skin. Even from a side view I can see her deep freckles that dot her face like stars. She has a dimple on her left cheek, even when she's not smiling its visible.

And her eyes pull all that together, then she's wearing a high waisted skirt that hugs her curves just right. And to top it off she had a Black and White flannel. She's so small maybe 4'10 4'11.

The Moon Goddess really outdid herself on my mate.. She's perfect, I wonder ho much more perfect she will be if she talked to me?

As if on que She looks at me, She looks at me directly in the eyes and I instantly know what Jacob was meaning when he talked about her intense eyes..

I had to will myself not to look away, And for moons sake I'm a alpha and this girl was going to make me like this? I wont except that! Not even if she's my mate..

'Looks like your smiling so much that your face might get stuck like that, you'll look like a deranged mountain looking person. Your going to be so whipped, don't deny it. It'll only make the pull stronger, I learned that the hard way. You know I wasn't already gay before I met Aaron.' Jacob says to me through our mind link. I ignore him and smile bigger when Lydia looks at me closer, Not just my eyes so now I don't have to worry about looking weak.

My smile grows wider as I catch a swift movement like as if she was about to smile. She tried covering it up but there's nothing she can hide from me, I saw and I know she knows I did too.

This only made her look even more monotoned in the emotion department, She hasn't smiled and she hasn't really frowned. She just has this far off look about her, She's definitely going to have me whipped but ill still deny it. I don't want to be out of control, I'm a Alpha I wont be taken advantage of.

Lydia looks away from me and I look at Jacob in confusion,

'What did I do wrong, dose she not like me?'

There goes my strong front, see what she has already done? She's making me self-conscious and she hasn't even talked to me yet. She's kind of making me mad..

'No, you haven't she's probably doubting herself. Don't get mad just yet, you could make her to scared o even try.. You'll only push her away like that. I know trust me, being a mate of someone isn't always easy.' Jacob says and I let my eyes find their way back to my mate, she should start feeling the effects soon. She's looking at the board but she looks like she's thinking about other things, Her far off look is always going to confuse me.

How can I love someone when they are the ones who infuriate me the most?

Thanks Moon goddess, I said it once and ill say it again. You really outdid yourself this time..

WORD COUNT: 1361 WORDS COUNTED