Chapter-6

Ariana

The ride from the church to his house was silent. He didn't even glance at me. I thought of looking at him but ignored that thought immediately. We reached his penthouse building.

He got out of the car without uttering a word and approached the driver, and after mumbling something to him, he walked past him. His driver came and opened the car door for me. It's not that I wasn't capable of doing it on my own but I was tensed and had been sitting rigidly in my position that I forgot I had to get out of the car. I mumbled a small thank you to him and followed my husband.

I stepped into the elevator with him and stood behind him. My heart was beating at an alarming rate, it felt like it was going to explode anytime soon. But luckily, before it could happen the elevator door opened. He stepped out first then I stepped out. He entered the passcode into the security panel and when clicking the sound of opening the door lock came he opened the door and entered first.

Once I stepped inside the house, my steps came to halt, stopping me from moving any further. My heartbeats which had already been speeding up at an alarming rate a few minutes ago, now skipped a beat because the scene in front of me was worth skipping a heartbeat for. My eyes went wide; I was stunned by the beauty of the house.

I was in awe of the beauty of this house that I almost forgot whose house was this and with whom I came here. The first thing that caught my eyes was the breathtaking skyline view which can be seen through the large glass window of the living room. Just one word came to my mind when I saw the scene
....Wow....just...wow...

Surely I had spent life after my father's death in Mr. Smith's mansion which might be beautiful but this is a more beautiful house on the top of some tall building that shows the beautiful view of NY city.

Basically, I never cared about admiring the beauty of Mr. Smith's mansion because how can one admire a prison? Yes...his mansion was a prison for me where I was not allowed to exit my room so that they all didn't get to see my face. I wasn't free in that mansion. I never lived a free life there or in their house.

I didn't know why but right now where I was standing made me feel like a free bird. I had a feeling that I would not be caged here as they caged me, I would not be treated here as they treated me. This place felt like freedom to me.

This is the new phase of my life, basically, 3rd phase, the first being living with my father, and the second being, living with Mr. Smith and them, and this was the third.

I didn't know what stepping into this new phase of life would bring to me, but I was hopeful... hopeful like always I had been... hopeful for a better life full of love, respect, and care.
Please, dad, support me in this.

My thoughts were interrupted by a voice full of agitation.
"Are you gonna stand there or you gonna come to see your room?"

When I looked at him, he was already standing in the middle of stairs with his hands in his pant pockets..looking extraordinarily handsome...
Well, when Scarlet was whining about marrying the man who I was forced to marry, saying that he was handsome... I never imagined him to be this handsome.

I nodded my head and followed him upstairs. He stopped in front of a room.
"This is your room and beside this is my room. Do whatever you want in your room but don't bother me." He said sternly. I nodded my head looking down.

"Look at me when I talk to you" He grumbled firmly.

I immediately looked up and met his eyes, his beautiful eyes were void of any emotion he was just staring at me like he wanted to kill me.
Oh my goodness is he really going to kill me?.

He opened his mouth to say something but shook his head and turned around to leave but his steps came to halt, he again turned around and stared at me clenching his jaw. He walked forward and I stayed rooted at my place unable to move. He stopped a hand distance away from me. His face was full of rage, he was constantly clenching his jaw.

"I don't know what magic you did on my parents that they couldn't stop praising you and asked me to marry you. We are married but this doesn't mean I accept you as my wife. I don't know you and you don't know me. I don't know about you but I married you for the sake of my parents. Remember this...you are my wife only in my parents' eyes...for me, you are nothing. Who knows you might be a gold-digger as your sister because she is, you can't deny this fact." He lightly shrugged his shoulders as he frowned hard at me. Saying this, he turned around and left.

Again...all hopes of my desired life were broken. He shattered all my hopes like glass into millions of pieces.

I didn't know for how long I stood there, dumbfounded, trying to grasp his words. But I came back into my senses when something warm touched my cheeks, I touched my cheek with my hand to get to know those were my tears, I was crying. No, I couldn't cry, I promised myself that I won't cry. I immediately wiped my tears and entered the room.

If I wasn't this distressed I would have admired the beauty of this room

If I wasn't this distressed I would have admired the beauty of this room. But I just sauntered towards the cushioned bench placed against the window showing the skyline view.

I sat on the bench not bothering to change my clothes and stared outside the window at the skylines thinking about what he said.

He was angry, he let out what had been troubling him. But what about me? I was also angry, I also wanted to take out my anger, I also wanted to scream, I also wanted to let out all I was feeling. But no I couldn't do it because no one is there to listen to me, to my pain, my cries.

He said I was nothing to him. I thought my husband would be the one who will show love to me, guess I was wrong. I had been called worse and had never been important to anyone in my life. I never felt broken as I felt now. Hearing that I was nothing for pained me more. I didn't know why it pained... maybe because I had been expecting him to be kind and good to me?

Gold digger? I mentally scoffed. Only if he knew I never wanted gold, I just wanted a peaceful life with a job that pays enough to meet my ends. I never desired luxury. I just dreamt of spending a simple life with the person who will love me unconditionally, will respect me, will care for me.

But who was I kidding? My life had always been like this and will remain like this. I think I was born to be left alone.

What did I do to deserve all this?

With all those thoughts in my mind, I drifted off to sleep.

       My drawing: Water colour + graphics

____________________________