Chapter-52

Ariana

After returning from France, the first thing Xavier did was he assigned me to my new post. He announced to his employees that I'd be working as an IT security head of the company.

The second thing he did was he fired Diana and Bianca. Bianca forgot that the floors on which three of the bosses worked were equipped with hidden cameras and those cameras caught Bianca swapping the folder. I was present in the office with Xavier when he fired both of them.

Xavier also asked them if they behaved inappropriately with me. They both got surprised after listening to the question and tried to argue and also blamed me for many things that I never did. They started shouting at me in front of Xavier. Xavier couldn't handle their behavior and fired both of them on the spot. I tried to interfere but Xavier silenced me with just one look.

Now it had been a week since I had been working in the IT security department. I became the favorite topic of every employee's gossip. All the employees were having many questions like how I was appointed as Xavier's P.A. when he never had a female P.A? And then, how did I get the privilege of going with him to meeting abroad and most importantly what I did that I was appointed as IT security head without any training or promotions.

I told everyone that I have a degree in software engineering, but still, they all looked at me with doubt. Xavier told me not to give any explanation to anyone, he also told me to inform him if other employees behave rudely with me.

So, ignoring everyone I just concentrated on my work. With the help of other staff working with me, I ran a security check over the company's network and fixed the bugs. I gave every colleague a specified task.

I was more than happy working in the field I chose. My talent, my degree was being used now. It was not like before anymore where I was not regarded as anything. Now I was working to make my own identity. And it was happening just because of Xavier and my beloved brothers.

The most amazing thing that happened this week was that our proposal for France's manufacturing unit got accepted by the France government. We all were so happy that our hard work paid off.

Xavier still hadn't appointed a new P.A, in the meantime, Mrs. Miller was handling the work. I wanted to help him but my tied-up schedule didn't allow me.

For the past few days, Xavier had started behaving like a child who lost his candy. He would call me to his office at least ten times a day saying that he missed me. Like seriously? We live together but still, he misses me all day at work?

Whenever he felt restless or angry at someone he would call me up to see me because according to him, my presence calms him down. He would never leave a chance to kiss me whenever he calls me to his office. I doubted that he only called me just to kiss me and not because he's restless or angry at someone.

Daniel...well Daniel is Daniel, teasing me to death, asking me if something happened in France. Was something supposed to happen? I didn't know what he wanted to know but he always wiggled his eyebrows whenever he would see me, asking a question with a gesture.

Sean...Sean is also the same, less talkative but supportive. Sometimes he would join Daniel to tease me but he never said much.

My friends were happy when they got the news about my new post, they didn't react the way all other people reacted. They indeed are my best friends.

"Miss Ariana we're leaving. You're not?" One of my colleagues asked me. It was five in the evening, it was time to go home.

"No Nikki I have some work. I'll leave in fifteen minutes." I smiled. She nodded her head and left.