Chapter-17

Xavier Knight

I sighed heavily.

I didn't intend to be harsh on her.

My mind was already whirling around the elevator incident. I couldn't sleep for the whole night. She overtook my mind. Whenever I tried to close my eyes, her black, beautiful eyes would flash before me, making it hard for me to sleep.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking about her. I was just trying to forget that incident, her alluring eyes, her pink lips, her blush that formed on her face when I touched her...fuck!!

I thought being harsh with her would make me not think of her but ...NO! Instead, I felt guilty for shouting at her. It wasn't her fault. It was just a wardrobe malfunction, It could happen with anyone.

In fact, she always showed professionalism. Not a single time she tried to make a move on me. Even she was doing her work remarkably, but she seemed to be very conservative. And I compared her with her stepsister which I knew was wrong.

Working with her for two weeks I learned that she was not at all like her stepsister. But still, I made a big mistake comparing her with Scarlet Smith.

And when I saw the hurt in her beautiful, innocent eyes, I regretted it immediately. I couldn't forget how she flinched when I shouted and when I cursed. She was trembling by the intensity of my voice.

I admit that I was wrong and should not have been harsh on her, but I got furious when I thought that someone might have seen her in that state. I instantly sighed in relief when she confirmed that she hadn't met anyone since morning or I would have lost my mind.

When I thanked her for helping me in the meeting, that was my genuine feeling. The way she gave a small smile made my heart flutter. I wanted to know her more. I wanted to give her a chance for the sake of my parents and for the sake of my sanity.

Deep down I wanted her to prove me wrong. I wanted her to prove to me that I was doing wrong by comparing her to her stepsister, I wanted her to prove to me that she's not money-hungry and an attention seeker like her family.

But...

I fucked up big time!!

_____________________________________

Ariana

When we reached Daniel's office, he stood beside me and asked.

"Is something wrong, princess?"

I faced him and replied "nothing". I think he sensed that I didn't want to talk about it so he changed the topic.

"Hey, I received the news about what you did in the meeting with Mr. Sutharak. You saved my life princess otherwise I would have been dead by now by the bare hands of 'your loving boss'."

A laugh escaped my lips. He really knows how to change someone's mood.

"I really forgot to tell Xavier to bring a translator with him. But you saved me from his wrath. Thank you, princess. I owe you big time."

"Oh, Daniel, you don't have to thank me, it's part of my work. Besides, it's just that... it was a coincidence that the meeting was with a Thai client and I know the language... That's it. And you owe me nothing." I said politely.

"And of course my boss will never kill you. After all, you are his best friend." I added with a laugh.

"Oh, believe me, princess, you don't know him." He said playfully. The smile on my face died instantly.

"Yeah, I don't know him," I muttered in a low whisper.

"I am extremely sorry, princess. I have been very busy lately. I couldn't talk to you about...about..." He sighed. "How's everything going with Xavier?" He asked in a serious tone.