Chapter 9 - Letting feelings out!

Arnav reached home and went upstairs to freshen up and change his clothes to join the kids in their party.

In his room, Arnav unbuttoned his shirt and threw it on his bed when he heard a little gasp.

He turned back and saw Avish standing with wide eyes and shocked look.

"Kya hua baccha? (What happened my baby?)" he asked concernedly.

Avish couldn't bring words to his mouth, he just pointed to Arnav with his little index finger trying to convey what he saw.

Arnav realized why Avish got shocked like this. He immediately picked Avish and sat on the bed, keeping Avish on his lap. He patted his little boy back trying to calm him, "It's okay.. It's nothing baccha.."

Avish tried to peek to see his back, "What ish thish? Why you have scals (scars) on youl back Papa?"

"Papa had an accident.. that's why Papa have these scars.. but you don't worry.. Papa is absolutely fine now.." Arnav said caressing Avish's hair.

Avish nodded sadly. Leaving Arnav's lap, he stood on the bed on his own, behind Arnav and caressed Arnav's back with his little hands, "Does it hult (hurt)?"

"Nahin mera baccha.. It doesn't hurt anymore.." Arnav smiled.

"We should infolm (inform) Amma about thish!" Avish said in serious baby tone.

"No! Don't say anything to your mother.. She will get worried unnecessarily.." Arnav said.

"Sheee (see)" Avish frowned cutely, "Papa you alwaysh hide thingsh flom Amma.. Thish ish what blings plobems (problems) in youl life.. Alwaysh you dechide evelything fol Amma.. you nevel shale youl seclets (secrets) with Amma.. How will Amma know you? How will Amma folgive you? How will you sholve (solve) plobems in youl life if you keep hiding thingsh flom Amma?"

Arnav was dumbfounded hearing all this from his own son. How come he has such a small intelligent son who understood what is the main reason of his and Khushi's separation!? Yes, the real reason of his and Khushi's separation, was that he always decided for Khushi and never shared his thoughts and feelings with Khushi. It was always him. He never gave space to Khushi in their relationship.

"We made a deal with Amma.. we nevel hide thingsh flom hel.. evely day at night we shale oul thingsh with each othel.. Me, Aashi and NK Daddy.. Do you want to join ush too?" Avish asked and extended his hand to Arnav.

Before Arnav could reply, Khushi walked in the room: Let it be Avi.. your father is never going to change.. He's a stubborn man!

"Amma whoshe shon am I? I'm alsho not going to acchept defeat anytime shoon!" Avish said confidently.

Arnav shook his hand with Avish, "Fine.. I will join you all!"

"Deal.." Avish shook his hand with Arnav nodding his head vigorously.

"Shltalt (start) now by shaling about thish to Amma.." Avish whispered in Arnav's ear and went running away from there.

Khushi eyed to him, "I just came to call you as everyone is waiting for you!"

"Stay here.. I want to share with you something!" Arnav said.

"There's no need to tell me if you don't want.. You don't need to follow Avish's words.." Khushi said.

"Khushi please come here.. I really want to share this with you.. Today my own son made me realize that I failed in our relationship because I never gave you space in it.. It was always me who used to decide everything and you were the one who always had to face the consequences of my decisions.." Arnav said guiltily, "Let's start changing things now.."