Chapter 10 - Babies in office!

It was late night and everyone went to their respective rooms to sleep except Khushi and Payal, who was making Ayan sleep on his room still.

Khushi walked towards NK's room, she knocked the door and waited for him to open it.

NK opened the door after few seconds and looked at her astonished, "Khushi! Do you need something?"

"I want to talk with you.." Khushi said.

"At this time? You should be sleeping, you know.. Tomorrow you've work to handle and the kids also!" NK smiled.

"We will see that tomorrow.." she shrugged.

"Okay, you win.." NK raised his hand as if surrendering, and let her in his room.

Both sat on his bed. Khushi stare at him for a while, before saying what was in her mind, "I'm sorry NK.."

"For what?" NK asked confused.

"For not being able to reciprocate your love for me.." Khushi whispered.

NK looked at her shocked, "You know it?"

"I can see it in your eyes but never had courage to talk to you about this.." Khushi said.

"I liked you already when I saw you here during Payal and Akash's marriage functions.. but then I realized that Arnav also loved you.. I stepped back and never looked at you in that way.." NK said, "But then when he abandoned you at the mandap, I took care of you and your kids.. I thought maybe now I could have some space in your life.. for that I was ready to wait for the time you needed.. And that what I was doing, being a father to Avish and Aashi and waiting that someday you will reciprocate my love for you.. but Arnav came back! My heart broke once again, I was furious and scared.. I thought he was snatching you, Avish and Aashi for him.. But blinded in my insecurities, jealousy and anger.. I failed to see that you, Avish and Aashi were never mine.. You three belong to the one and only, ASR!" NK said with a smile on his face but his eyes moistened.

Khushi felt a sharp pain in her heart hearing this from him. She hugged him tightly, "I'm sorry NK.. I'm really sorry.."

"It's not your fault.." NK shook his head wiping the corner of his eyes.

Khushi broke the hug, "You did so much for me, I can never thank you enough.. You're the angel of my life NK.. If my heart didn't belong to your brother, I would really fall in love with a man like you.. but we don't have control over our hearts, na?"

"Right.. We don't control our heart!" he said.

"You aren't angry with me na? I wanted to talk with you long back but I was so messed up with my own feelings, it wasn't easy to see Arnav back here.. It wasn't easy to say to him that he is the father of Avish and Aashi.. I was trying to settle things but I never forgot about you.." Khushi said with a small smile.

"I know right.. I'm really not angry with you.." NK caressed her cheek.

"Khushi I was thinking I should go back to Sydney and start my life afresh.." NK said after a moment of silence between them.

"Do you want to leave us?" Khushi asked sadly.

"It's just I need sometime alone.. It's not easy you know.." NK said.

"Avish and Aashi will miss their Daddy but I can understand what you feel.. If this what you want, then I won't stop you.." Khushi said with moist eyes. She left from his room.

Payal watched Khushi leaving NK's room, she thought what was Khushi doing in NK's room.

"Khushi.." Payal called her.