Pool (Physical Touch)

*Mild steamy warning!*

The Strictly tour was unlike anything Joe had experienced before. Doing the show was amazing, but the highlight had been the backstage atmosphere. Everyone had gelled as a team and there seemed to be a sense of fun in every venue. As Joe walked down the corridors of each arena, all he could hear was laughter.

"Joe. Pool tournament in five!" Aljaz had shouted to him as he had headed towards where everyone was hanging out. "Boys vs girls."

Joe nodded and carried on walking until he reached the room where everyone seemed to be hanging out.

"Hello stranger" Dianne said softly as she spotted him, squeezing his hand and he stood next to where she was sat on one of the large leather couches. "Are you ready?"

Joe reached his arms out and cracked his neck. "Oh, I'm so ready."

Dianne bit her tongue lightly as she placed it between her teeth. "You want to be careful with that fighting talk. You're about to get your arse handed to you."

"That's a strong claim from someone who can't tie her own shoelaces" Joe said back, earning a whistle from Faye and Stacey.

"Easy Joe. You might be eating those words in a minute" Dianne said, before walking slowly towards the pool table. Knowing her boyfriend's eyes were on her, she swayed her hips a little more than usual, before flicking her hair over her shoulder and winking back at him. "Something tells me I might be able to get your attention away from the game."

Stacey clapped her hands as she watched the two interact; Dianne's confident smile seemed to be completely at odds with Joe's uncomfortable glances and the slowly-rising blush on his neck.

Joe swallowed and looked Dianne in the eye. "Bring it on."

Dianne picked up a pool cue and held it in her hands. "Now, you see, that sounds like an invitation."

Stacey laughed before moving to stand next to Joe. "Mate, I don't know how you held on for so long. I'm only watching her flirting with you and I'm completely under her spell."

Joe nodded. "She knows what she's doing. But two can definitely play at that game."

"OK. Stacey vs. Johannes." Aljaz's voice rang out.

Dianne sat at the edge of the pool table, perched on Joe's lap, as the first round of the game began. "Who would you bet on?" she asked, her hand stroking over his leg. He looked down, part of him wanting to move it away. Although nobody around them had claimed to be bothered, the media seemed to have taken it upon themselves to write story after story about how they were all over each other all the time. Joe knew it wasn't true, but he was cautious of what people saw. Cautious that it only took one comment or one photo to get them back in the headlines.

"Stace" he said after a moment's pause. "I'm sure they play more pool in Luton than they do in South Africa."

Joe was right, and Stacey quickly potted the first ball.

"OK. Joe, you're up. And Janette."

Joe patted Dianne's leg to get her to move. He stood up and took the cue from Johannes, before quickly potting the next ball.

"Di and AJ's round."

Their game seemed to last a little longer, but AJ eventually got the win. Dianne threw herself down next to Joe, looking annoyed with herself.

"You're such a sore loser" he said softly, leaning in to kiss her cheek.

The game continued until people began to head out to get ready for the show. Dianne had already had her hair done for the first number because she had asked one of the hair and makeup team to fix her extensions before they got too busy. It meant she had a little more time to kill. Before she knew it, she and Joe were the only ones left around the pool table.

"Shall we tidy this up?" she gestured to the pool table.

Joe got up and grabbed a cue. "Absolutely. Do you want to shoot first?"

"Oh" she said, "I was actually going to pick the balls up to put them away, but this seems much more fun." She took the cue from Joe and leaned across the table, aiming for one of the balls in the far corner.

"Hey" Joe reached for the cue, placing his hand over hers, "hold it steady and you'll be able to aim better."

Dianne held her breath as Joe's hand pressed against hers. "OK" he said as he leaned into her, "now shoot."

The ball missed. Joe took the cue and moved to the other side of the table, lining up a better shot. He quickly took it, potting the ball Dianne had been aiming for.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" she asked.

Joe nodded. "Come here" he said, standing back. She stood in front of him and Joe placed the cue in her hand. "You need to hold the end like this" he wrapped her fingers around the pole, feeling Dianne's sharp intake of breath as he moved closer. "Then rest it on your hand like this." He positioned her left hand. "Now, keep your eye on the ball and just tap it."

Dianne did as Joe had told her and the cue ball hit its target.

"That's good" Joe said. "Now come over this way and pot it."

As she rested against the table, holding the cue in her hands, Dianne deliberately leaned forwards so that Joe brushed against her rear as he reached over to help her. Joe pressed his body against hers, his hand brushing from her waist down to her hip as she tried to focus on the task in hand.

"Jackpot" she whispered as the ball rolled away. "Shall we do another?"

She turned around, noticing that Joe was slightly red and his eyes were wide. He nodded. "Yeah. We... we can do that again."

She bit her lip before turning back around, feeling Joe's hands resume their position on her hips. "What are you aiming for?" he asked, his lips so close that she could feel his warm breath on her neck.

"The one in the corner" she said, leaning over the table. Joe helped her position the pole, moving slightly to the side so that it didn't hit him in the ribs as she aimed. "Am I aiming in the right place?" she asked.

Joe ran his hand slowly down her arm, before taking his time to position her fingers. He then repeating his actions on the other side, hand cupping hers over the end of the cue. She leaned forwards, wiggling her hips slightly before taking aim. Joe leaned in and she let out a slight moan.

"Don't make sounds like that" Joe whispered. "I'm already having a hard enough time back here."

Dianne dropped the cue and turned around. She looked into Joe's eyes, before letting her finger drag down his chest. "Sorry" she said, biting her lip and looking around the room. "But does it matter? Nobody's here. We're all alone."

"But someone could come in" Joe said.

Dianne took a single step forwards, before pulling Joe into her and kissing his lips. As they pulled apart, she held her arms out. "Well, would you look at that?" she grinned. "Nothing happened."

Joe looked down. "It's not the other people I'm bothered about" he said. "I just don't want to get caught walking out of here looking like I'm smuggling a pool cue in my pants."

Dianne chuckled to herself and patted Joe on the shoulder. "Pool cue, huh?" She lifted her eyebrows. "That's generous."

Joe clapped his hands as he laughed. "That was quick. Well done. Anyway, we can, uh, play pool again later. Just... not here."

Dianne leaned her head to the side, her arms joined behind Joe's neck. She pressed a long, soft kiss to his lips and smiled. "I love you, you know. I know people have said stuff about us being all soppy and whatever, but I can't help it. I'm just drawn to you. I just want to be near you."

"Me too" Joe whispered, stealing one final kiss. "Come on, pretty girl. Let's go and get ready for the show before anyone else starts a rumour."