Chapter 3

Legsly and Poppy hugged each other as they attempted to keep balance on the shaking ground.

It was a very odd earthquake, because when they looked in the distance where the Trolls were lecturing Branch on winning Poppy's affection, they showed no reaction to the trembling.

"What's going on?" Poppy tripped and fell to the ground, where everything was more unsteady.

The ground cracked open just a teensy bit where red lights flashed from it, revealing a figure.

Nothing but a sillouete could be seen when she first appeared, but as more cracked opened up and more light shone, their appearance was clear.

Poppy noted in her brain, already seeing that this Troll was going to be a threat.

This Troll was the same Troll Trollex met, Queen Barb.

Barb smirked as she played a bunch of chords on an electric guitar.

"Hello there! I'm Poppy! Queen of Troll Village! A music where we all sing in harmony!" She sang the last word, and Legsly added another note. They held it out, hoping Barb would show friendliness and join them, but she didn't.

"That's nice." Barb said sarcastically. "Name's Queen Barb, and I'm the current ruler of Volcano Rock City."

The two other Trolls, Riff, and Thrash popped their heads out from behind her.

"You're kind of a co-leader until I die. My name still had King in it. King Thrash."

"I have no royal title. I'm just here because I want to be!" Riff grinned- until Thrash whacked his head with a drumstick.

"Shut up!"

Riff dizzily fell on the ground. "no."

Thrash tackled Riff, fighting like a ten year old with him.

"That looks fun!" Legsly bounced into the air and hoped to land on them, but was pulled back by Poppy.

"Don't make them more mad!" Poppy walked over to Barb and began explaining the friendly side to her.

"Are you friendly? I know I'm friendly! I love nothing more than to sing and dance and hug and dance and hug and sing and hug and dance and sing and hug and dance and-" She gasped, as Barb went to kick her.

"Where is your string?"

"What string? Balloon string? Shoe string?" Poppy listed a bunch if different uses of strings.

"Your pop string." She took out her guitar and revealed the rock and techno string

"What's a pop string?" Poppy looked at the two red strings curiously, and had an urge to touch them.

Barb turned away. "Peppy has obviously told you about the strings, right?"

Poppy shook her head.

"They seem like magical artifacts that are what define a village of Troll's existence." Legsly observed, somehow appearing on the visible side of the case,

Barb pushed her away, landing in Riff's arms. 

"Oh hi." Riff waved, dropping her on the ground.

Legsly remained on the ground and waved back to him.

( A/N - I just realized Legsly looks a lot like Bridget, mostly by the hair. I wonder if she's replacing her as Poppy's best friend in this movie. That would make sense since Anna Kendrick and Ester Dean are best friends from their years working on Pitch Perfect. )