25

But she was the city and he was the tsunami that destroyed her

"What's up girl, you okay?", Jace asked Priscilla as he entered the kitchen

"What's up girl, you okay?", Jace asked Priscilla as he entered the kitchen. "Yeah, the forsaken hit my head, nothing dramatic", the girl replied, smiling at the Wayland. Both of them walked to the Lightwoods, that were obviously discussing something. "You alright?", the blonde now asked his Parabatai. "I'm fine", Alec replied, his eyes on Priscilla. "I just spoke to Robert and Maryse. They're being send back to Idris." "What?", Isabelle yelled. "Yeah." "Another oder from Lydia Bitchwell?", Priscilla asked the Lightwoods, rolling her eyes annoyed from the blonde. "Who's Lydia?", Jace asked, looking at the Gordan. "She's in charge of the institute", the tanned girl explained. "She's what?", the blonde shouted surprised, his eyes on Alec. "Temporarily", the tall boy corrected. "And now she convinced the clave that mom and dad aren't doing their job?", Isabelle asked with a loud voice, her gaze on her brother. "Maybe they aren't", Alec snapped.

"The institute was under their control when the forsaken got in." "What are you talking about?", Jace questioned, so Priscilla widened her eyes, looking at the male Lightwood, knowing exactly what he'd do next. "Alec. Watch your words now. Seriously, you're too angry to talk about this now." The dark haired ignored her pleading look, his eyes darkened. "Mom and dad were members of the circle." "What? They don't have circle runes", Isabelle replied confused. "They made a deal with the clave", Priscilla explained. "In exchange for their cooperation they were pardoned", the Lightwood boy added. "You're questioning their loyalty", Isabelle determined, shaking her head in disbelief. "Valentine is back. The circle is raising. We're under suspicion."

"No way. Robert and Maryse took me in. They raised me as one of their own, I know what kind of people they are", Jace told his Parabatai. "Are you sure?", Alec replied angrily. "They lied to us. For years they've been telling us how to act, so we have uphold the Lightwood name but they are the one who tarnished it, they're hypocrites." Priscilla wrapped her arms around her body, feeling really uncomfortable. She touched the bag around her arm, which matched her high heels, trying to reach her lipstick.

Just then, Lydia showed up, making herself known. "You must be Jace Wayland." She walked around the four of them to stand beside Alec with a smug smile residing on her face. "Lydia Branwell, you're quite the legend back in Idris", the blonde introduced herself, extending her hand out to the Wayland. Jace didn't took it. "Don't believe everything you hear." Lydia lowered her hand, pulling it into her side as she turned to look at Alec, who starred at Priscilla.
"Did you tell them?" "Tell us what?", Isabelle asked, glaring at the Branwell. Alec's eyes met Priscilla's and she was sure she could see a deep pain in them. He send her a mixed look, full of hurt, apologises and worry. "Lydia and I are engaged." "We're getting married."

 Priscilla winced as her heart stopped beating and pain filled her whole body

Priscilla winced as her heart stopped beating and pain filled her whole body. She stopped breathing when her head went crazy, hundreds of emotions hitting her thoughts. She was shocked and hurt but mostly angry. Angry because he didn't tell her, because he didn't listen to his heart. And even more disappointed because he might did and didn't chose Priscilla. But she was also angry at herself because she let this happen. "You're not serious", Jace spoke up first, side eying the Gordan. "You were supposed to tell them no!", Isabelle shouted while the tanned girl strengthened the grib on her bag, pressing her nails into it. "It's your life to ruin", the female Lightwood added, tears in her eyes. Then she walked away. "Not sure what to say", Jace told his Parabatai, checking after the girl next to him, who still didn't said anything. The Wayland was scared she'd break out in tears. "How about: none of this matters. We need to stop Valentine." "Finally, something we agree on", the blonde boy replied before he followed after Isabelle.

Now only Priscilla stood still in front of the engaged, starring at the empty place between their heads, focusing on staying strong. "Congratulations", she then said, faking a smile while her whole body trembled. The Gordan bit her lip as Lydia smiled at her, without noticing Priscilla's mental break down. Alec just starred at her, he didn't say anything. "The two of you can keep the Lightwood name in honour." "You have to understand, names like yours wouldn't be good enough", the blonde told her. "Yeah I understand. We should celebrate this", the Gordan showed no emotion, when she put her hand back into her bag. Lydia smiled at the girl in front of her while Priscilla tried to stop herself from trembling, looking directly at Alec.

Then she put her hand out of the bag and sprinkled glitter all over his head.

She was ready to leave but stopped her walk and turned her head to Alec, who tried to get the glitter out of his hair. Priscilla put up her middle fingers, a tear running down her cheek. Her voice began to crack as she started to speak, a smile on her lips. "Am I good enough now?"