Lovers Amongst The Stars

"What do you mean?" Jeff asked.

BEN kept me pressed against him, a hand on my back.

"In order for Cassidy to come back, someone needs to be given up in return." Slender said.

"I'll do it." I said, breaking free from BEN's embrace.

I stood up, BEN getting up with me.

"No. You're not. I just got you to admit you love me, you can't leave." BEN objected.

"I need Cassie to live the rest of her life. With or without me. You'll find someone else who loves you. Cassie won't find another way to come back to life." I said.

"She's here now, if you wish to say goodbye." Slender said.

"Yes, please." I said, starting to tear up.

Slender disappeared for a second before re-appearing with Cassie by his side.

She glanced around before finally seeing me.

Her eyes went wide and she ran to me, tackling me to the ground.

I had a quick break-down, tears pouring down my cheeks, a happy and relieved smile on my face.

"I can't believe you're here! You're alive!" I yelled.

She broke our hug and put her hands on my cheeks, wiping my tears away.

She gave me a loving look and kissed my forehead.

"(Y/N), you've always known that I was in love with you, right?" She asked quietly.

I shook my head and sniffled.

"Well, it's true. And I know you're probably planning on dying so that I can stay alive. But I can't let you do that. Not to yourself, your future, or Benny over here." She said, glancing at BEN.

"He loves you, I can tell. And you love him back. When I was dead, I could see you. I saw that you two kissed, I saw how he held you in a way that I couldn't. I saw how he risked his life to make sure you didn't get hurt. I see the way he looks at you like you're the only person on Earth. And most importantly, you look at him in the way that I always dreamed you would look at me. It's no secret that I was in love with you. But I'm ready to go, I'm ready to move on into the after life. And while I'm traveling the world as a ghost, I'll meet the hottest bitch ever, and she'll be my big-titty-goth-ghost-gf. Just like I always tweeted about. So no, you aren't gonna die for me. Sorry, babe." She rambled.

"God I love you." I smiled, giving her another hug.

"Okay, gotta go." She said, giving me a kiss on the cheek, just like she always did.

Except, there was something about it.

Maybe it was the fact that I knew it was the last one I'd ever get from her, or maybe it was the fact that she'd moved on.

But it felt final.

Slender wrapped a tentacle around her, and laid her onto a large stone at the end of the clearing.

I watched from afar, as he held a glass bottle up to her mouth, she took a sip and laid back, relaxing.

After a few minutes of silence, Slender set the bottle down, and teleported back to us.

I cried, and BEN held me in his arms.

I've watched my best friend die twice, now.

Both times, I was unable to save her.

At least this time she died in peace.

———

After about half an hour, I managed to compose myself.

Jeff and Slender had both left so I could get myself together.

BEN stayed by my side, rubbing my back and whispering soothing words into my ear.

He held me against his chest as he laid back in the grass, looking up at the sky.

It was sunset now, and the reds, the yellows, and blues created a masterpiece.

A few stars were already out, twinkling.

I hiccuped as I watched them shine.

BEN dried my tears, looking into my eyes affectionately.

My heart was beating a bit faster as he leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips.

I felt all my problems and worries melt away, the warmth and taste of him brought me a comfort I never knew.

The way his arms felt wrapped around me was like heaven on Earth, and I could feel the ghost of Cassie was watching us, smiling as she wraps her arm around the waist of her new-found lover.

Who knew that love could bring so much comfort?