And Everything Went Dark

BEN grabbed my hand and led me just 3 doors past our own.

He knocked before stepping back.

I heard grumbling and footsteps before the door opened, revealing Jeff in grey basketball shorts, and no shirt.

"What the fuck do you- oh, hey (Y/N)." Jeff said, glancing at me.

"Hey." I waved.

Jeff opened his arms, gesturing for a hug.

I complied, much to the annoyance of BEN.

Jeff wrapped his arms tightly around me while I smiled and sighed.

After about half a second, BEN was already pulling me off of him.

Jeff rolled his eyes and flipped BEN off.

BEN grabbed my face and placed a kiss on my lips, staring Jeff in the eyes as he did so.

"Bro fuck off, just because she chose you doesn't mean you can be an asshole about it." Jeff said, sounding annoyed.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, confused.

"Turns out, Jeff did have a crush on you when he took you out for ice cream. In fact, he texted me right after he left and said that you guys held hands. But I knew you wouldn't do that to me, (Y/N)." BEN said, glaring at Jeff.

"He did?" I questioned, looking at Jeff.

Jeff scratched the back of his head awkwardly and nodded a bit.

"Huh." I hummed.

"What?! What do you mean 'Huh'?!" BEN yelled.

"Well it's just that I didn't know that. I asked him if he did but he said he just thought I was pretty. I mean it doesn't make me like him any less. He's still my friend, I just know that he likes me. And Jeff, for the record, I did have a tiny crush on you. But BEN kinda stole that away." I said, smiling apologetically at Jeff.

BEN smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, then set his chin on my shoulder.

My hands went to his arms, holding them there.

Jeff nodded, looking a bit sad.

"I'm sorry, I really am. I do love you, just not in the romantic sense. I'm sure the person of your dreams is out there, Jeff. You just gotta look." I smiled reassuringly.

"Yeah, I know. I just wish it woulda been you, y'know? But I'll keep looking, (N/N). And I love you, too." Jeff glanced down at BEN's arms before waving and closing his door gently.

"I feel awful now." I muttered sadly.

BEN kissed my cheek affectionately and led me back to our room.

I flopped onto the bed and sighed.

"Why is life so complicatedddd?!" I complained.

"Couldn't tell ya." BEN said, sitting down next to me.

He seemed to freeze up suddenly, and sat completely still for a few seconds.

"Um... (Y/N)?" BEN asked quietly, avoiding eye contact.

"Hm?" I hummed, glancing at him.

I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach, a horrible feeling.

Like something was wrong.

Really wrong.

"About that game...? We have to- we have to play it now." He sounded hurt.

"What's wrong?" I asked, sitting up and putting a hand on his shoulder.