Chapter 11: Trust me.

I was in complete shock. I didn't know what to say, I felt like I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I had my husband on the phone and the person who I had grown to adore standing in front of me confused about what was happening. "Monroe? Are you going to answer me?"

I heard Chase's angry voice fill my ears, I looked to Tobias for answers as if he could solve all of my problems. I wanted to tell Chase that I was with someone who I'm interested in, someone who makes me feel alive, someone who makes me feel wanted in every single way. But I couldn't because I'm a coward. "Um Chase, I - I'm with -"

"Why are you stuttering Monroe? It's a simple question. Who. Are. You. With?"

My heart was pounding, my chest was tightening, I was on the brink of a panic attack. I didn't know what to say, I wasn't prepared for this, I was caught completely off-guard.

But what was scaring me the most way the expression on Tobias' face, I could see the disappointment in his eyes, I know he didn't want to be my dirty little secret and I didn't want that for him either. He is way too special to be hidden. I breathed a deep sigh before announcing "Chase, I've met someone who -"

Before I could finish my sentence, I saw Tobias' eyes grow wide and him mouth to me 'Let me speak to him.' I was hesitant to give him the phone, he put his hand out for the phone and again mouthed 'baby trust me.'

I closed my eyes before making the decision but I had to listen to my heart. So I handed him the phone "Mr. Bishop, this is Tobias' Wrexler. The photographer that did her shoot the other day - Yeah, she's with me - You're talking to me because your wife was unsure how you'd take this -"

I looked at him with fear in my eyes, he was to tell him before I was ready to. I knew my feelings for Tobias were strong but I also knew that I wanted my marriage broken down on my terms and that, I wasn't ready for.

I looked at Tobias and shook my head pleading with him. He looked directly into my eyes, I saw a smile reach his and instantly I knew he wasn't going to tell him just yet.

He put his hand in his pocket and looked down, hesitating before finally saying "Your wife has been interested in photography for a while, we got to talking and I decided that I want to mentor her. She came by my studio today and took a few shots and she's a natural. She wants to do something for herself and I can help her with that -" he looked back over to me with a small smile on his face.

I was shocked at the words coming out of Tobias' mouth, he listened he really listened. I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach, I knew this was the worst timing but I knew at that moment my feelings for Tobias had grown tenfold watching him talk about my dreams as if they meant everything to him.

On the other hand, I was even more shocked that he had every opportunity to tear my marriage down piece by piece and have me all to himself but he chose to let me make that decision. And that was, by far the most selfless gesture I had ever seen.

I watched him talk to Chase with ease, I knew Tobias was executing this flawlessly and I knew Chase would believe every word.

I had stopped listening for a while as Tobias had me mesmorised yet again, I only came out of my trance when he looked back over to me before announcing. "As my apprentice and intern, she will be coming with me for 3 weeks of my 3 month business trip. I'm spending a month in each country and I want her there at least week in each place - Yeah. She's excited about it and so am I. She will call you tomorrow, we will be working through the night going through the pictures."

I was astonished at what he was saying, he wants to take me away with him, is this even real? I knew that this was all a ruse for Chase but I hoped that everything he was saying was true.