-06-

On her days off, Joanna was always seen at home.

So when everyone in the house was gone, all except Theodore, their hairless cat, whe was in her pajamas and laying on the couch. She wore the clothes she woke up in earlier when she saw the damn letter in her home and she called the Cullen household. The letter made her head hurt as she tried her hardest to decide what to do.

But she pushed the whole letter situation away and instead, she found herself reading on her bed. It was alone of her favorite books, Not After Everything, by Michelle Levy. The story, as always, made her tear up close to the end.

"You could've looked back at least once, Tyler." She muttered, closing the book and letting it fall to her floor. Then she fixed her pillows and replaced on her bed. Outside, in the world of Forks that was painted in dull, sad colors, a storm was taking place.

It was quiet, deadly quiet in the house and it made her tired. It made her sluggish.

Sleep was crawling on her, but she didn't want to. As much as she enjoyed dreams, Joanna didn't want to experience one. Especially when she flipped over and her gray eyes landed on the invitation and suddenly her brain was killing her again.

Alice Cullen. Rosalie Hale. Jasper Hale. All of them, all of that damn family was floating in her head and soon she was sitting up from her bed and marching towards her dresser. The number was on there and so was another number: Bella's. Suddenly, her features softened.

She pulled out her phone, starring at her device before placing it back. No, she wouldn't do this now. She would take some to decide her answers.

Right now, she had this mixed feeling towards the small woman. And then there was this uncomfortable feeling when she thought of Jasper Hale. Honestly, she hadn't thought of him recently. Whenever they talked, it seemed forced and she didn't understand how she let things tumble out of her mouth like that. Almost like a force pulled them out. A swift change of emotions.

She looks to her right when she heard her door creak open, her cat being seen as he shuffled in. A toy was held in his mouth and he slowly walked towards her feet, dropping the toy before sitting back. She shifted her gaze when he started licking himself in a horrid place.

Boredom was crawling on her skin then. She couldn't decide what to do. A show on HGTV could be calling her down stairs currently. Or even the sweet, delicious treats known as Pizza Rolls sounded heavenly.

Simply, the twenty-year-old chose both and dragged herself out of her quarters and downstairs.

When her feet touch the cold tile floor, chills running up her spine and across her decorated skin, she stopped. Something felt off. It wasn't something serious that made the atmosphere around feel off. Everything in the kitchen remained the same. On the corner near her dark wood dining table was her grandmother's China set. That remained the same. Across the room, where the drying dishes rested - they remained the same too. Overall, something just felt off.

But as she rounded the corner, that's when the feeling grew. It bloomed from her stomach and up to her chest, slowly encasing her body in a cocoon.

What the hell? The thought to herself as she looked around the kitchen. Joanna started to feel silly then; how was everything in place, yet it felt so wrong? She started to go close to the pantry and when she opened the door, she looked up to the hanging items. All in place.

"Theodore," she called, feeling the cat stalk into the kitchen. "Why on Earth does the kitchen and this whole house look out of place?" She chuckled, twisting on her heel to only not find her cat.

Inside her kitchen, sitting on the counted and leaning forward towards the woman was a female. She had goregous red locks, ones that had curls that rested on her hips as she sat. Her eyes, now those weren't a common color. They were strikingly red, almost blood-red. And her skin, it awfully reminded Joanna of the Cullens. But her outfit, now that reminded Joanna of some of the teens that surrounded Forks. The ones known for wanting to save the trees and anything related to Mother Nature.