-16-

"Exactly where are we going?"

  Joanna followed along with Bella as she lead them through the familiar mossy-green forest that Forks was plopped right in the middle of. As usual, the sky was dark and littered with gray clouds. The area around them was quiet, just like Bella as she continued to walk.

  At first, when Joanna arrived that morning, she was surprised to see Bella waiting for her on the front porch, fully dressed with a backpack secured on her shoulders. Her face was hidden by her dark locks and Joanna could tell she was exhausted. Due to her depression and her anxiousness for a certain redhead.

  Yet, when she got into the car, she asked one thing,

  "Can we go on a walk? I-In the forest, I mean."

  First, she was disagreeing to the idea. The fear of Victoria finding them was running through her mind and body until she was slightly shaking in the car. Bella noticed and placed a hand on her own hand, rubbing her knuckles.

  "We don't have to," she said with a soft voice. "I-I just want to visit this one spot. I want to feel him again."

  Through her panicked state, she grinned. "That sounds sexual, Bella. Have you been doing the dirty?"

And that caused the girl to blush and swat her hands at her, which Jaonna laughed her ass of at.

  But now, they were in the forest. They were nearing a clearing and Joanna wondered if Bella wanted the area around her to be quiet, to focus on herself and her memories, and her heart. To listen to her beat and smile as she traced the ground that they walked on.

It never came.

The teenager simply walked into the clearing, her shoulders hunched forward as a small sob raked her body. There it was - pain, her contast pain that made Joanna bound forward and pull her into her chest where she continued to cry. Gripping her black sweater, leaving small splotches on her, whining for him. It was all heart breaking and a stray tear fell from her dark eyes.

  "I'm so sorry, Bella," Joanna whispered, snuggling her closer so she wouldn't feel so lonely. "Does Jac-"

  "He's gone too," I-I don't know what happened. I invited him with me to the thing with Mike and he, he left. He was all mad and left. Maybe it was for the better so he wouldn't tear apart Mike, but then he didn't return." Her sobs grew, "You were always there and so was he. N-now he's abandoned me! Edward did. Edward did!" She cried, clutching tightly to Joanna.

  After a moment she whispered shakily, "T-this was o-our slot. Our own-n little spot."

  The older of the two glanced around the land, smiling as she realized how beautiful the place was. Of course, it was the colder part of the year, but still it looked stunning. It was clear that this was a place for Edward and Bella; it just screamed their name.

  "I like it. It's quite beautiful. Though, I'm not much of an outside girl, I have to say, I would crash my ass out here." Chuckling under her, Belma peared up and offered a sad grin. Cheeks stained red.

  "I'm the same, especially with Forks."

  Her spine tingled.

  Her eyes widened and Bella frowned at her appearance. There it was again, the feeling of someone watching her - them. It made her shake subtly and when Bella looked towards her left, she froze in her spot,

  "Laurent," she whispered, knowing he could fully hear her.

  "What?" Joanna blurted, her head snapping back to focus on Bella who was currently pulling away from the older woman. Her dark locks shook against her shoulders as another person entered their space.