Chapter Four

Today was the day. Today, you and Tom were going to drive to your sister's wedding location. Kate and Daniel were basically doing a 'wedding weekend'. Of course, your sister would do something extra like that. Everyone would arrive today, Friday, the wedding was tomorrow and on Sunday Kate insisted to do a post-wedding brunch with the immediate family, that included you and Tom. So as soon as you would arrive at the hotel you would have to pretend to be a loving couple until leaving on Sunday.

You were packing your suitcase when the doorbell rang. After putting the shirt you had been folding down you walked to the front door. You were greeted with a smiling Tom when you opened the door.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Tom asked and your eyes widened. Was it already that late? You turned your head to check the clock on the living room wall. "Relax, I'm messing with you. I'm early. I hope that's okay." A sheepish grin was on his face now and you couldn't be mad at him. You let out a relieved breath.

"Of course, come in. I'm still packing." You started walking back to your room. Tom following behind you. "And I'm kind of freaking out. We can't mess this up. What if someone notices that we're just faking it? Someone's bound to notice, right? Why would you ever be with someone like me?" You stopped walking and looked at him abruptly. "You know what? Let's just stay here and not go at all. Saves me a lot of embarrassment." You were pacing now. Tom gently grabbed your arms to stop you.

"Hey, hey, hey. Y/N. Stop that." He turned you to look at him. "We're going to the wedding. And your family believed us right? And these are the people that know you the best. The people that matter. Everyone else can think what they want. And just for the record, why wouldn't someone want to be with you?"

You huffed and looked at him, and all you could see in his eyes was honesty. You shook your head to try and get all the negative thoughts out of your head. You ignored Tom's question and entered your bedroom. Tom followed you and leaned against your dresser while you continued folding your clothes.

"Is that your dress?" Tom pointed at the garment bag hanging from your mirror. You nodded and watched as Tom walked towards the item, opening the zipper a little bit to get a peak. "Looks fancy." He comments before closing the zipper again.

"It's my sister's wedding, obviously it's fancy." You chuckled and closed your suitcase turning to look at Tom who was leaning against your dresser again. He was wearing a black hoodie and jeans, his hair curly and natural like the day you met him. A small smile made its way on your face. He looked so soft, you wanted to wrap your arms around him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Tom asked with raised eyebrows.

"I don't know. Your hoodie looks so cosy I just wanna..." You wrapped your arms around yourself.

"C'mere then." He opened his arms with a soft smile and made grabby hands at you. You walked towards him, your arms wrapping around his torso. You let out a content sigh and Tom wrapped his arms around you, lightly rubbing your back.

"I was right. This is super cosy." You mumbled causing Tom's chest to rumble with a chuckle. One of his hands moved to play with your hair and it took everything in you not to sigh again. You felt all the stress inside you fade away. You stood like this for a while until Tom ran his hand over your head one last time, letting you know it was time to go.

It usually took about two hours to get to the place where Kate and David were getting married. But because it was a Friday afternoon the streets were busy and you were stuck in a massive traffic jam. After about an hour you both decided it was time for food so Tom exited the motorway and drove to the nearest drive-thru. It didn't look to be the best place to get your food but you were both hungry and there was nothing else close enough.