Chapter Seven

The wedding was taking place in the so-called Great Room of the castle which was beautifully decorated for the occasion, much like the dining room from last night, everything in white and gold. As you walked down the stairs towards the entrance to the Great Room you saw that Tom was waiting for you next to the door. He looked dashing in his black suit, his curls swept back nicely. When he noticed you, his eyes widened a bit, his mouth opening as if he wanted to say something but no words came out. You walked over to him and he reached out his hand for you to take.

"Wow, Y/N... You look absolutely stunning." You blushed at his words as you took his hand.

"You don't look too bad yourself." He smiled at you and pulled you closer by your hand, giving you a kiss on the cheek.

"Shall we go in?" He asked nodding his head in the direction of the door. You nodded, so Tom linked his arm with yours and led you inside the Great Room.

Your seats were in the front of the room right beside where your parents were going to sit once they arrived. Daniel was standing on the other side of the aisle talking to his parents. He was shifting his weight from one leg to the other his eyes moving towards the door every so often even though he knew it would be a while until Kate would arrive. Tom kept holding your hand as you sat down and you nervously played with his fingers. He eyed you with a small smile.

"Nervous?"

"Yeah... Is that weird? I'm not the one getting married, yet I'm nervous."

"I don't think it's weird." He shrugged his shoulders squeezing your hand reassuringly. "This is a big step for your sister so it's a big step for you as well. But for what it's worth, I think the ceremony will go smoothly and everything's going to go according to plan. Your grandma told me how much planning went into this, I think it's impossible for something to go wrong." He chuckled and you couldn't help but let out a laugh as well.

"You're right. This is probably the most meticulously planned wedding of the year."

Throwing one arm over your shoulder Tom pulled you closer and placed a kiss on your temple. "I'm glad I can be a part of it. Thank you for inviting me."

"No, thank you." You whispered afraid someone could overhear you. "For agreeing to accompany a complete stranger to a wedding." You couldn't believe that only weeks ago Tom was a mere stranger in a coffee shop. It felt like you'd known him for months, if not years. It's crazy how much things can change in such a short amount of time.

"You never told me what happened with that Joe guy." Tom said after he saw Joe enter the room, subconsciously pulling you a little closer.

"Huh, you're right..." You raised your eyebrows. You had almost forgotten about Joe. When you first saw him yesterday you were afraid that you'd be thinking about him the whole time, even if it was just because you wanted to avoid him. But the thoughts of Joe had been completely erased by Tom. "Well, we met when I was fourteen and I was immediately smitten with him. He was always nice and kept hinting that he had feelings for me, too. He lives a few hours north from London so every time I asked him about his feelings for me he said 'yeah there's undoubtedly something between us but I just can't commit to a long-distance relationship.'"You mocked Joe's voice making Tom chuckle. "But instead of keeping his distance from me whenever we did see each other he kept my hopes up. Whether I wanted to or not, I always hoped that one day we'd be together. Until I tried to take the initiative once. I asked him if I could visit him, you know, to talk. Told him to give me a weekend where he had time. I looked up trains for the dates he gave me. And let me tell you those tickets weren't cheap. But I was willing to pay that and travel several hours to see him.