6.

I smile as I park the car, "Alright we're home

I smile as I park the car, "Alright we're home." I turn to see Tyler observing the house, "You live here alone?" I shake my head, "Well not anymore." He chuckles before looking at me, "That's not what I meant." I shrug, "I've had my cat Boogie since college. But I recently got Rex and he's a ball of energy so I'd watch your shoes." We both climb out and take his bags inside along with some leftovers from breakfast, deciding on stopping to eat first when my stomach started growling. "Wait you named your cat Boogie?" I shrug, "She gets a lot of boogers." He shakes his head as I unlock the door and open it. As soon as we set his stuff down we hear paws running towards us. I immediately crouch down and catch Rex who instantly takes an interest in Tyler, "He likes new people, don't let him trick you into dropping bacon for him. Or he'll just follow you everywhere." We hear a soft meow from the couch where Boogie is stretching before making her way towards us and rubbing against Tyler's leg before looking up at me and meowing again. "Alright. I'll feed you." Tyler laughs before following me to the kitchen, "You talk to them?" I nod, "You'll learn what her different meows mean. And if you talk to her she meows back. She also likes to go on walks, which is weird. And she likes to hide her toy snake in shoes." 

"Alright I only have one room right now. I've been using the second room as an office, and don't even think about trying to sleep on the couch." Tyler shrugs, "Not the first time we've shared a bed." I roll my eyes and shove him making him laugh, "Come on I gotta stop at the hospital to finish some paperwork before I show you around."
"So I get to see where you work then?" I shrug, "Unless you want to stay here." Tyler shakes his head and I help him put his stuff away in the drawers I emptied out. He's staying for a month before going to visit his family and returning.

I quickly grab my purse before we walk out the door, Rex looking at us through the window, "Don't make eye contact with him. Or he'll start whining." Tyler chuckles before turning and following me to the car. As we drive we have the music playing quietly, "Is it always cold like this?" I shrug, "You came on a good day. It's usually cloudy, this is our warm. Summer it's better but that's also storm season. You adjust quickly actually, I hated it when I first moved back after medical school." "What changed?" I shrug, "I've always loved the rain, but I grew up here. When mom died it was hard at first but eventually I realized I'm doing something I love. Practicing medicine is something I grew up with, I knew the name of procedures and other medicines before I knew the name of animals. This hospital, I grew up in, I know the halls like the back of my hand. My mom used to work there and now me and my sisters do. I could probably go anywhere and practice, but." I get quiet not really knowing how to form my words, "But it's a piece of you." I nod looking at Tyler as I park, "It's my second home. Come on let's go." He looks forward as we unbuckle our seatbelts, "You have your own parking spots?" I look at the plate with my name on it, "Yeah, I'm one of the chiefs of pediatric surgery. I was really into studying in high school and took college classes in high school so I started earlier." Tyler nods and follows me in, "I just have to get my key card and my coat, part of the regulations is we have to be in some type of uniform if we're in certain parts of the hospital.