ℍ𝕦𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕤 ℂ𝕒𝕟 𝕃𝕚𝕔𝕜 𝕋𝕠𝕠

Once there was a young girl who lived near a small town called Farmersburg. Her parents had to go to town for a while, so they left their daughter home alone, but she was protected by her dog, a very large collie.

           The girl's parents told her to lock all the windows and doors after they had left. And at about 8 P.M, her parents went to town. Doing what she was told, the girl shut and locked every window and every door. But there was one window in the basement that would not close completely.

          Trying her best, the girl finally got the window shut, but it would not lock. So she left the window shut but unlocked and headed back upstairs. Just to make sure that no one could get in, she put the deadbolt lock on the basement door. Then she sat down, had some dinner, and decided to go to sleep for the night. Settling down to sleep at about midnight, the girl snuggled up with the dog and fell asleep.

          But at one point in the night, she suddenly woke up. She turned and looked at the clock: It was 2:30 A.M. She snuggled down again wondering what had woken her when she heard a noise. It was a dripping sound. She thought that she had left the water running, and now it was dripping into the drain of her sink. Thinking it was no big deal she decided to go back to sleep.

          But she felt nervous so she reached her hand over the edge of her bed, and let the dog lick her hand for reassurance that he would protect her. Again, at about 3:45 A.M., she woke up hearing a dripping sound. She was slightly angry now but went back to sleep anyway. Again, she reached down and let the dog lick her hand. Then she fell back to sleep.

         At 4:25 A.M., the girl heard the dripping noise again. She decided she had had enough and went to go check to see if the bathroom was the source of the sound. She went into the bathroom, and there was her dog, dead, hanging in the shower, dripping with blood, all its intestines hanging out.

Written on the mirror,in blood, were the words: "Humans can lick, too!".