Chapter 18

Hello everyone! Who is ready for #Maurora's first meeting?!! Please vote and comment!
________________________________

MATTHEW'S POV

I woke up to the ringtone of my mobile. Sleepy I woke up and without looking who called me, I picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked unsure and sleepy. My voice was deeper than usual and as I spoke out hello, my voice cracked.

"Matthew?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I sighed annoyed and cursed Dominic for waking me up.

"Bro, get out of bed. Your future girl is coming today." He said and I sighed annoyed. I wanted to slap him but I couldn't but smile when he mentioned Aurora as my girl.

"It is still early." I said as I saw that it was 7 o'clock. She was going to reach here in two hours.

Two fucking hours... I had to get ready and clean the house.

"Well, you will want to make a good impression if you want to see her." Dominic said and I rolled my eyes. He was annoying but right. He was still annoying though.

"I will. Can you keep paparazzi away from us?" I asked. I couldn't care less that someone would see me with Aurora but I didn't want her to be overwhelmed with all of this attention on our first meeting.

"How am I suppose to do that?" Dominic asked confused and I got out of bed. I looked outside and saw some people walking over the streets. It was still early for NYC to be awake.

Why was Dominic even awake?

"I don't know. Run in your underwear or something." I said as I opened a window to let fresh air come in.

"That's a good idea but I could get a fine so no." I heard him say through the phone.

"I don't know, Dom." I said and I heard him sigh.

"I will come up with something but make sure you are ready so you can get her on time." Dominic said. It sounded like he was more nervous than I was.

I knew that he tried getting me a date for a long period of time. After Esther, I didn't really pay much attention to any girl. I just couldn't put my hear to it. I knew that I still had feelings for Esther but I also knew that she was going to break my heart again and I don't know if my heart would have been ready for it.

"I will." I said and hung up on him. I was already nervous for meeting Aurora and a nervous Dominic was not going to help me with this.

After I met Aurora or let's say that I started talking to her, I felt much happier and somehow more confident. It felt effortless to talk to her, like nothing was forced. Before I started liking her, she became my friend.

I knew how I felt about her. I just wasn't sure whether she felt the same way... I didn't want anything to be forced and to be honest, I waned to take things slow. Esther and I dated for a few months and then I asked her to marry me and look where that got me now.

I walked to the bathroom and quickly washed my face with cold water. It wakes me up and makes me feel fresh. I quickly brushed my teeth and then got in the shower. I washed my body and my hair before I got out again. I quickly dried myself and put my towel around my lower body and got out of the bathroom.

"What should I wear?" I asked myself. I didn't want to wear something to fancy. I was just picking her up from the airport and then show her around in NYC before she would go for her interview.

Jeans and a basic t-shirt should do fine.

I put my clothes on and dried my hair. I didn't care to style it. It looked fluffy but still good. I just hoped Aurora would like it. It was 7:30 AM now and I have no idea what to do.

Fuck you Dominic for waking me up so early and leaving me alone with myself to become more nervous... I looked at my phone and saw some messages which most of them were from Aurora.

Aurora❣️

I am kind of spamming
you so I am sorry but I
am so nervous to fly...

4:01 AM

I know that you are sleeping
and you won't read this
until you are awake but
I am so excited to see you❤️

4:10 AM

I am going now! See you in
a few hours. Hope you having
a good sleep! ❤️

4:20 AM

I can't wait to see you too
I know you won't be able
to read this until you get off
but have a safe flight!

7:36 AM

I sighed and looked at her messages again. I wish I stayed awake so I could have somehow made her feel better or less nervous...