Chapter Twenty-Two

Epilogue

Ethan

I glanced at my watch again as I waited for the light signal to turn green.

Of all the days to be late!

I heaved out a loaded sigh and drummed my fingers on the steering wheel.

Skye is going to kill me!

A lazy smile crept in and warmth settled in my heart at I thought of her. I still remember the day we met like it was just yesterday and not six years ago. She hasn't changed at all. She was still the same loving, caring and absolutely breathtaking person.

That starvation to see her from my blind days still lingered. There were times where I just sit there watching her. Luckily, it didn't annoy her or set off any 'creeper' alarms. On the contrary, whenever she caught me staring -she would give one of those warm contagious smiles, and then traumatize my poor system with a kiss on the forehead that always left me burning. I thought I couldn't love her more, but man, was I wrong.

I eased my foot just a tad off the breaks making the jeep stalk forward slowly while staring at the red light that glared back at me. Perhaps it would sense my urgency and comply with my wishes.

Green!

I floored the gas pedal.

Once I parked- I hit the ground running. Just two minutes left to spare. I searched the crowed before me for the rest of the group.

How on earth can anyone find anything here?

"Ethan..."

Someone yelled my name making me spin in their direction. Matt waved at me and I started to make my way through. Bless his heart.

"Did I miss anything?" I asked as we bee-lined our way to the others.

"Nope. You came just in time." Matt grinned when he heard me sigh in relief.

I looked pass him and greeted Hank who held sleeping baby Jonathan and Sophie who sat their three year old Emma on her lab. I then waved at mum, dad and gramps who occupied the farther seats. We were all here. We all came to see her graduate. Just like they were there for me a few months ago.

Emma started to wiggle her little arms reaching for me, "Go Ethan," she told her mom.

Without being asked, Matt stood and picked her up.

"Mattyyyyy..." Her sweet baby voice greeted him. Her big blue eyes sparkled as a sweet, heart capturing giggle erupted out of her when he threw her in the air making her blond curls and pink dress flutter. That was their thing.

Matt smiled, "Emmaaa." He then sat back down and handed her over to me.

Emma wrapped her arms around my neck in one of her lovely hugs that I've always looked forward to, "Hi, Ethan"

I hugged her too and patted her back, "Hi, Cupcake."

She loved it when I called her 'Cupcake'. The tiny thing was obsessed with them -hence the name. She giggled and gave me a cheeky smile as she looked at me. Those little humans are beautiful creatures.

How could something so little take such big place in my heart? And don't get me started on baby Jonathan.

Emma rubbed her palm over the pink ruffles. "You like my d-l-ess?" She looked down at her pink dress.

The whole family is working on that 'R' letter. We're getting there.

"That is a very beautiful dress. You look lovely."