Chapter 14

Third person's pov

Aurora was sitting in the garden looking at the extraordinary view it had in the morning. She missed the garden back in her old pack as well but right now she was here. Her mind drifted back to the kiss that she shared with Caleb. Did he have any feelings towards her? Her mind couldn't figure him out at all. After their awful fight Caleb had been treating her better. He even apologised to her but his words, 'I don't want and need a mate!' kept ringing in her mind over and over again. Was he just feeling guilty about how he spoke to her? Or...... she shook her head. All she really knew about Caleb was that he was not a bad person after all. That's all.

'It's a lovely morning isn't it?' a voice behind her said. She was startled to see Caleb behind her. 'Good morning!' Caleb said to her. She smiled back at him and got up. 'Don't you have work this morning? Are you late? Do you need me for anything?' she started asking all these questions. He simply smiled at her said, 'Well today is my day off.' He replied with a smile.

'I am sorry.' He suddenly said surprising her. 'That kiss....' He began saying. 'There is no need to apologize. Its... Its okay.' she replied.

'You really hate me. Don't you.' He said in a sad voice. 'I don't hate you. I just don't understand you.' aurora replied firmly. ' I mean....' she began explaining. 'I understand what you are trying to say. You want to know me, about me?' he said with a smile to her.

He suddenly took her hand and said, 'Come with me.' and led her away from the garden. She just kept on following him cluelessly. Where was he taking her?

Finally they came to a deserted area of the pack. There stood a lone cottage over there. It looked small and cute. There were plants around it. Caleb opened the door and both of them went inside. The insides were lovely as well and well decorated but Caleb led her upstairs to a room. The room was extremely clean and beautiful. But on the wall was a big and magnificent portrait. The woman in the portrait was beautiful. She had long brown hair and strikingly beautiful eyes. She looked like a goddess. 'Beautiful, isn't she?' Caleb asked aurora. Aurora could only nod. 'Who is she?' she asked in a soft voice.

'My mother.' Caleb replied and Aurora gasped. She looked at him with surprise. 'I showed her portrait to you because you won't meet her here. She lives with the moon goddess.' He said with a smile even if his eyes had tears in them. 'She was a lovely lady. You would have loved her. Very kind, shy and beautiful inside and out. Most of all the best mother in the whole world.' He said and tears ran down his face and he looked at the portrait again.

'I am sorry...... About your mother.' aurora said keeping a hand on his shoulder. 'No, don't be. Her life up there I heaven must be better than what she had to face over here.' Caleb said and aurora was shocked.

Caleb sat down and told aurora everything. His past, his parents, the death of his mother and the kind of relationship he used to share with his father. Aurora was horrified. She didn't know all this. Her wolf was horrified as well. Their mate had such a bad Past.

After sharing everything Caleb said, 'Sometimes I doubt if mom ever loved me because I was born to her when she didn't want to.' Caleb said wiping the tears in his eyes. Aurora was the first person he ever cried in front of.

'Of course she loved you Caleb. Don't ever doubt that. And by having such thoughts you are only giving more pain to her. Because wherever she is in heaven, she is looking over you.' aurora said squeezing his hand. Caleb looked at her deep in her eyes. For the first yime in his life he now considered on changing his opinion about having a mate.

'Do you really think I have the ability to love, or have a mate?' he asked her  genuinely. 'Yes. Of course! Everybody needs love in their life. I know moon goddess also thinks that because if not then I wouldn't have been.....' aurora stopped speaking. She realised what she was about to say. 'My mate.' Caleb said completing her sentence and putting a hand on her cheek. He hugged her. Tightly. Pulling away his lips landes on hers. This time it was a passionate kiss that lasted longer. Pulling away from her he said, 'You don't know what you do to me aurora. I know I definitely want it but just give me some time so one day..........' He said holding her tightly. She also understood the meaning.

He put his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes. Finally feeling somewhat complete in his life for the first time. 'You told moon goddess to send her in my life? Right mom.' He asked in his mind slightly smiling. His mate. Aurora.