Chapter 28

Caleb's pov

I woke up in the morning at my usual time. I took a shower and went to have breakfast. I looked at aurora and saw that she was in a chirpy mood and was laughing and chatting with Edward and his mate. The way she laughed was so beautiful. Oh god! What am I thinking again? I got up from my seat and went in my office to do my pending work. After that I got ready to train. Wearing my gear I was going into the training arena when I suddenly heard aurora shout my name.

'Why don't we train together today?' she asked me. 'Aurora I train in a really difficult way.' I said to her. 'So you think I ca t live up to it?' she asked me raising her eyebrows. 'No, I mean.... OK fine.' I said giving in. I didn't want to make her sad.

'Okay!' she said enthusiastically. We reached and first we transformed into our wolves and fought with each other. I had to admit she was good. Finally we both bowed our heads indicating that wolf training was over.

After that we transformed into our human form, wore our training gear and started fighting. It was a bit fierce because both of us wanted to win this time.

I didnt mean to but I accidently knocked down the huge pin she wore while training and her hair fell down. I was dazzled by it for a minute but I quickly came out of it.

'Oh, come on Caleb!' she said. 'Sorry!' in replied. Suddenly she attempted to knock me out but I put her leg down and she stumbled. She was about to fall down.

I quickly held her waist and brought her back up. But that's where I was wrong because now she too close. Her lips were a few inches from mine. Her hands in my chest.

Those thoughts came again. I needed to cool myself down. I quickly let go of her. 'What happened?' she asked.

'Nothing.' I said. I knew I was blushing. I could not look at her. 'You stupid person, act like man and not like a teenage girl in love!' my wolf said.

She came close to me and said, 'we have been over here for three hours now. Let's go back to the pack house?' she asked me.

I nodded my head and we both began to leave. She suddenly held my hand while walking. 'Aurora?' I asked her. 'What?' she asked as if nothing had happened. I just shook my head. I gripped it tighter.

Somehow walking with my hand intertwined in hers seemed nice.

When I went back to the pack office my thoughts were filled with her. I brushed it off and focused on my work.

After my job I went into my room to change for dinner. I came down and sat on the table. Surprisingly aurora sat down next to me. She smiled at me. I smiled back. Throughout the dinner I tried to concentrate on what Edward was trying to say but I felt my eyes going back to aurora.

After dinner I went outside to cool my head off. I closed my eyes as I was standing under the moonlight.

'Caleb.' I heard a voice. I turned around and saw her. 'Aurora.' I said back.

'Why are you avoiding me?' she asked me. 'Who said that? I am not. I just.... Just' I started saying.

'Just what?' she whispered coming closer to me. 'I just wanted to... Aurora.... Nowadays I start getting this feeling... I mean I don't know.' I said.

Aurora came closer to me and put a hand on my cheek. I held it. 'Let me in caleb.' she said. 'Aurora, I am too broken. I am scared. Being with me will be like playing with fire for you.' I said truthfully. 'Let me fix it Caleb, let me fix us, let me throw water on it. Take just one step forward yourself. I will hold your hand and take ten more.' she said intertwining her hand with mine.

She started walking away after that. But I suddenly held her hand and pulled her closer and hugged her tightly.

'You don't know what I want to do with you aurora

'You don't know what I want to do with you aurora.' I said nuzzling my head into her neck. 'Then show me.' she whispered back.

I leaned forward and kissed her cheek

'Is that all you wanna do?' she asked me

'Is that all you wanna do?' she asked me. I smiled and just kissed her.

'One step at a time Caleb

'One step at a time Caleb. I am not going anywhere. I am right here.' she said holding my hand. 'No, you are right here.' I said taking her hand and placing it on my heart. My mate, Aurora.