Chapter 21

Aurora's pov

'BUT WHY DID YOU TAKE THE CALL!' Caleb yelled at me after listening to everything. 'Is that the point of discussion.' I asked him. 'Of course it is!' he said. 'How?' I questioned him. 'He is planning to kidnap you aurora. He shouldn't have even listened to your voice. Half of the preparations going on are for your safety.' He said.

'Like it even bothers to you that we are mates. What is it between us that qualifies me as the pack's luna or your mate!' I said to him and the minute I did I realized I did a mistake.

He looked at me with an expression which I could not read. 'You want me to do something aurora! Huh?' He said walking towards me with an angry look. He kept coming closer to me until my back hit the wall and trapped me between him and the wall.

'You know Aurora, I really am trying over here, to make you feel comfortable, at home. There are many alphas out there who are cold, ruthless, don't care about anything. I was designated as one of them. But there are also many who, the minute they meet their mate, Mark her, start the mating process, whether it's for or against her wish. They don't care if their mates are hate them, love them or are scared of them because they are too fucked up.' He said looking at me straight in the eyes. Slowly he backed away from me and took a deep breathe.

'My past and my childhood, you know about it. As a mate, I feel that pull towards you every single minute. It fucking hurts sometimes too. Your scent, your beauty, as a mate, everything is too alluring for me. But I did not want to be one of those alpha's, I wanted to form a Connection with you, I wanted to make you feel comfortable enough for me to come near you, touch you. I did not want a mate but after meeting you I wanted to change, I wanted everything to change but everything is so messed up! Dammit!' he said.

'Caleb, I didn't mean to hurt you.' I said. He took a deep breathe again and said, 'I know, just do me a favour aurora, stay safe, because I want you to be sure of your future even if you are not sure about ours. Mason, will come anytime now. I will go alrt the forces.' He said and got up from his chair to leave the office.

As the door closed I realised one thing, I wanted this Mason chapter to be over soon and begin my new journey with Caleb. My alpha mate. Explore this bond between him and me.