Can I Help You?

Ariana's P.O.V

Walking into the coffee shop, I look around to see if Mr. Jerk Face is here. To my relief, he isn't. Ordering my coffee, I go to my usual spot and dive into a new book once more. Hearing the bell on the door chime, I look up quickly to see Mr. Jerk Face and then back to my book. Wait, what? Looking up again, I see him. There he was. In all his glory. Mr. Jerk Face.

Goddamn, he really did look good in that suit. Ariana shut up! He's a jerk. We don't associate with jerks like him. But he looks so yummy. Yummy?! Ariana, have you gone mad?

Finally, coming back to senses, I go back to my book. But of course, Mr. Jerk Face made his way over here and takes a seat right in front of me.

"Can I help you?" I ask, not looking away from my book.

"Yes. You see, yesterday, I think we got off on the wrong foot," he says.

"Your point?" I reply, only for him to take the book I was reading out of my hand and place it down on the table. "I was reading that you know,"

"Oh, hush. Now, I would like to take you out," he says.

"Take me out?" I ask confusedly.

"Yes. On a date. Let me show you what I, Ryder Jackson Emerson, have to offer," he says proudly.

"Well I, Ariana Rose Tacori, will pass on that offer," I say.

"What?" he asks in disbelief.

"What? I said 'no'. Would you like to hear it in Spanish? 'No'!" I tell him, picking my book back up, only to have it taken out of my hand once again. "Dude, c'mon. I'm trying to read here," I say a little frustrated.

"And I, Little Red, am trying to ask you out," he says.

"And I am declining that horrid offer. Who's to say I don't have a boyfriend anyway?" I reply.

"Little Red, believe it's or not, I've been watching you for weeks now. Since before we bumped into each other," he says.

"Jeez, that's not creepy at all," I say picking my book up again.

"I've been watching you. You come in here every morning to get your coffee, sit in this same spot every single day, and always have a new book every day or every other day. Do you actually finish those books, or are you trying to show off your collection?" he asks.

"Ryder, do you think I'm an idiot? Because right now, I think you're an idiot," I say, closing my book.

"No, I don't think you're an idiot. Why in the hell do you think I'm an idiot?" he asks in disbelief.

"Because only an idiot would read a book, not finish it, and then move onto the next one," I say matter of factly.

"I just don't understand how you could finish a book that big in such little time," he says.

"I have a lot of time on my hands, that's why," I say.

"And I am offering to take some of that time off your hands," he says, clearly not giving up.

"And I am declining that offer. What part of 'no' don't you get?" I ask. This boy doesn't get rejection often huh?

"C'mon. There has to be something I can do to get you to go out with me," he says.

"Well, maybe," I say

"Yes! Tell me. What is it? Money? A car? New books? Do you want to own your own library? I'll buy you a library!" he says quickly. Jeez, this boy really would do anything huh?

"Apologize for bumping into me yesterday," I say.

"Wha-," he starts.

"Apologize," I say, emphasizing 'apologize' "for bumping into me yesterday," I say.

"Fine," he says

Clearly, he wasn't used to apologizing or it wouldn't take him as long as it did to get the words out.

"I-I," he starts.

"Mhm, keep going," I say, secretly recording this.

"I am s-s," he starts again.

"Keep going, Ryder. You got this. Baby steps," I say. To say I was enjoying this was an understatement.

"I am sorry," Ryder finally says.

"For?" I ask, urging him on.

"Bumping into you yesterday," he says. 

"And acting like?" I ask, urging him on once more.

"The fuck else you want me to say?" he asks.

"You were acting like an inconsiderate jerk when you didn't ask if I was alright after bumping into me since you're like a million times bigger than me," I say.

"Are you calling me fat?" he asks in disbelief.

"Maybe," I say shrugging.

"God, you're impossible," he says.

"Yea, I know," I say.

"And for acting like an inconsiderate jerk. There. You happy now?" he asks.

"I just need you to put it all together and we'll be golden," I say with a smile.

"Fine. I'm sorry for bumping into you yesterday and acting like an inconsiderate jerk," he says.

"Good job," I say clapping "that wasn't so hard now was it?" I ask.

"Yes, it was actually. Will you go out with me now?" he asks.

"Nope," I say, packing up my things.

"No? But I did what you asked," he says.

"Yes, you did. But now I have to get to work. Thank you though, for making my stay quite entertaining," I say with a small giggle.

"You were recording this?" he asks, slightly infuriated.

"Indeed I was. Now I have to get to work. Adiós," I say.

"At least let me drive you to work," he says.

"And why would I do that? I have my own car to get me around to places. Goodbye, Ryder!" I say walking out of the coffee shop.

Driving to work, I had a satisfactory smile on my face. And look at the video I took every once in a while only made that smile bigger. And for the rest of the day, I was in the best mood ever.

Ryder's P.O.V

You want to play games, Little Red? I can play games too. Hopping into my car, I call my right-hand man Dylan.

"Yea boss, what's up?" he says.

"Get me everything you know about Ariana Rose Tacori. I want it on my desk by 5 tomorrow afternoon," I say.

"Yes sir," and with that, he hangs up the phone.

You want to play games, Little Red? I can play games too.