Epilogue

"Mommy! Daddy's home!" my eldest son Grayson says.

It's been five years. Ryder and I had gotten married after Grayson was born, and soon after I found out I was pregnant yet again with our twins, Milo and Mila.

Two years after they were born, we had our currently 1 year old daughter Skylar. And yes, you guessed it, I'm pregnant again with another set of twins.

"How are my favorite people in the world?" Ryder asks as he walks into the house. Setting down his briefcase he kisses Grayson, Milo, and Mila on the forehead. Coming over to me, he kisses Skylar who was in my arms, the twins in my stomach and then me.

"Ewww," we hear 3 out of our 4 kids say behind us.

"Oh shush. When you get a girlfriend or boyfriend you'll do the same thing. Not that you're allowed to date any time soon, but don't judge me you little rascals," he says. Turning back to me, he gives me another kiss which earns us another chorus of 'ews'.

Jeremiah and Ashlynn has gotten married two years ago and now have a daughter together. Ryder's mom learned to accept me eventually, but Ryder rarely speaks to her at all, so it didn't matter all that much to me anyway.

I eventually quit my job at the library because it turns out Jeremiah was right. Our boss did have a thing for me, which almost got him killed by Ryder. Now, I stayed home with my 4, soon to be 6, kids.

So here I was. A girl who had only dreamed of meeting her Prince Charming as every girl in every book I had ever read did. But I came to realize something. Ryder was better than any guy any author could ever come up with. He was perfectly imperfect.

Watching Ryder play with our 4 children, I felt the twins move around again within me.

"It'll be your turn soon, I promise," I say to them. Looking at my family, I couldn't help but smile. I had done it.

I was finally living my happily ever after.