Chapter 4: Welcome home

You open the front door of your house before hurrying in to get out of the rain as quickly as possible, Jayson trailing behind. Once inside you turn towards the said male, and smile sheepishly at him.

"Welcome to my humble abode." You state as you watch Jay look around your house in awe.

His eyes wonders around the different furnishings before laying upon you. He sends you a breath taking smile, causing your eyes to widen in surprise.

"Your house is beautiful." He simply states.

You thank him for his kind words before remembering that the both of your were wet and freezing from the storm outside.

"How about we get out of these cold clothes and get into something more warmer?" You question the boy, causing him to nod his head in agreement.

You lead Jay towards the bathroom near your parents room, before telling Jay to wait while you find some clothes for him to wear.

You grab some clothes that were left behind from Kevin whenever he and Cali come over, which is basically all the time, they pretty much live in your house.

You walk towards the bathroom with the clothes in your hand to see Jayson standing in front of the mirror staring at the shaving materials on the counter.

Noticing your presence, Jay turns around to look at you awkwardly.

"Anything wrong?" You question confused.

Jay hesitates for a second before speaking, "Do you mind if I shave my face and take a shower?"

You smile at his awkwardness before nodding, "Of course I don't mind. You don't have to ask for my permission to do things, make yourself feel at home."

He smiles at you as you hand him the clothes. He looks down at it with furrowed eyebrows.

"Anything wrong?" You ask confused.

He looks up at you, "Sorry, but do you mind me asking who's are these? It's just that I recall you telling me your an only child."

"Oh, they're my best friends', Kevin. Him and my other friend, Cali, tend to stay over at my house quite often and just leave their clothes behind."

Jay looks down at the clothes for a few seconds before looking up at you and smiling, "thanks for the clothes (Y/N)."

You smile at him before walking out of the bathroom to leave Jay to do his business.

You walk into your own bathroom before proceeding to strip from your wet clothes and stepping into your shower.

Time skip

You were now downstairs, preparing some food for you and Jay to eat while you waited for him to finish up.

You were feeling lazy tonight so you decided to just whip up some spaghetti using leftover meatballs that Cali had brought from last night.

While you were creating your dinner, you didn't hear the footsteps that descended down the stairs and towards you as you were too preoccupied with sorting the meatballs out.

"Hey (Y/N), where do you want me to put this towel?"

Jumping slightly at the sudden noise, you whip your head around to playfully scold the boy for sneaking up on you, but as you turned around, your breath got caught up in your throat as you gazed upon the boy in front of you.

The once scruffy looking boy, now had his face fully shaved, leaving behind his smooth pale skin that made his brown eyes appear more brighter then before. His once long rugged black hair, was now cut to a much shorter length, he used hair gel to push his hair back in a quiff like style. The clothing he wore consisted of a plain white t-shirt that seemed to hang onto his body as his black joggers hung loosely around his waist. His lips, that used to be surrounded by dirt, was now pulled up into a small smile as he saw your gaze upon him.

(A/N: This is how Jay looks after he shaved and cut his hair- I can't find a picture of how he looked before so I'm afraid you have to imagine how his old self looked like

(A/N: This is how Jay looks after he shaved and cut his hair- I can't find a picture of how he looked before so I'm afraid you have to imagine how his old self looked like. Ignore the other hand in this picture- the image isn't mine, credit goes to the original owner.)

"So? How do I look?" He questions.

You realise that you've been staring at him for a few minutes now, causing you to blush slightly due to being embarrassed.

"You look amazing." You smile at the newly handsome man in front of you.

He grins at your answer before looking behind you towards the kitchen.

"What are you making?" He asks as he walks into the kitchen.

You snap out of your day dream like state and follow him. "I'm making spaghetti."

He nods his head at you before looking around the kitchen, taking in the interior designs.

"You can go into the living room and watch TV if you want?" You suggest as you take him towards the said room.

Jay trails behind you quietly as he takes in his surroundings. He watches as you pick up the remote and switch the TV on before flipping through the different channels.

"I don't think anything good is on TV right now, how about watching some Netflix?" You suggest as you turn towards the unusually quiet boy. Noticing his lack of conversation,  you question if he's okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just, thank you."

You look at the boy in confusion, "for what?"

"For everything. For stopping that one afternoon and giving me your coat. For visiting me everyday and giving me food and keeping me company while others walked past. For bringing me into your house during this storm. Thank you (Y/N) for everything."

You smile at his words before gently holding his hands, "you don't need to thank me Jay, I feel joy when I help you and see you smile. If anyone else was in your situation, I'd help them too in a heartbeat." You whisper softly.

Jay looks at your face with a soft smile before leaning forwards and placing a gentle kiss upon your forehead.

Your eyes widen at his sudden action as you feel the blush rise up on your cheeks. You smile at his cheeky grin before playfully shoving him towards the couch. "Now you stay here and watch TV, I'll go and get our food."

You walk into the kitchen and start placing the spaghetti onto two plates, making sure to put extra onto the plate that you would be giving Jay.

While preparing your dinner, your mind wondered back to what had happened moments before. You weren't the type to make a big deal out of nothing so you didn't think much of the kiss, just that it was a friendly gesture to say thank you for everything.

But boy were you wrong, and you would soon realise just what that kiss had meant.