Chapter 10: Thomas

(A/N: Question of the day: What's your favourite anime?)

Chapter 10: Thomas

A few days past after Cali's funeral, you were still very much upset about what had happened but tried your best to continue on with your life as you knew if your best friend was here, she would scold you for being too sad. 

Jayson was still at your house, and he would try to comfort you whenever you needed it, which you were grateful for.

You were sitting on your kitchen counter, looking through your phone as you heard Jay walk in with a bag.

You stare at the bag in confusion. "What's that for?" You question.

Jay looks at you with a smile, "(Y/N), I think it's time I go back now."

"What!?" You exclaim in confusion.

"The storms past over now, that was the whole reason I was here. I stayed the extra few days to help comfort you during this hard time of yours, but now I have no reason to stay here. Thank you for everything (Y/N), for letting me stay here and for providing me with food and clothes and everything." 

"What? But Jay." You start but get cut off by Jay.

"(Y/N), I can't stay here any longer, I don't want to intrude any longer."

"But your not intruding." You whisper quietly.

"What?"

"Your not intruding." You repeat, "Jay, these past few days that you've been living here for has been fun. I felt as though I wasn't alone and I felt safe with you here. After what happened to Cali, I was scared, but knowing that you were here, I felt safe."

"(Y/N)..."

"Look Jay, I'm not forcing you, but I wouldn't mind if you were to stay here for now, until you find some place else to stay."

"But..." You cut Jay off.

"Please, your not a burden and your not intruding, I just feel safe and happy knowing that someones with me in this huge house. If you don't feel comfortable then you can go, but just think about it okay?"

It was silent between the two of you for a while before Jay spoke, "Okay."

Your eyes widen, "Okay?"

"Okay." He repeats, "I'll stay with you until I find somewhere else, as long as I'm not intruding."

"Your not! I promise." You smile as you take your hand out for him to shake. "An official welcome, Welcome to our house, housemate." You wink playfully.

Jay chuckles at you, "thanks... housemate."

Time Skip

You and Jay were both in the living room just talking when the door rang. You both look at each other in confusion before you get up and answer the door.

Your eyes widen in surprise as you see who it was. 

"Hey (Y/N)." Thomas greets with a smile.

"Thomas? Hey, come on in." You greet after you overcame your shock. Thomas hadn't been to your house since you broke up so it was shocking that he was suddenly here.

"Sorry for coming here unannounced." 

"It's fine, is something wrong?" You ask concerned.

"No. nothings wrong, I just wanted to see how you were doing."

"Oh, er, I'm fine I guess. I'm still upset but I'm trying to get through." You respond sadly.

Thomas nods his head at you, "You'll get through it, knowing Cali, she's probably looking down on us and complaining about how sad we are and that we should cheer up." He chuckles.

You let out a small laugh, "yeah, that sounds just like Cali."

You both smile at each other, for who knows how long, but are interrupted when you hear someone clear their throat.

Your eyes widen as you look at Jay with a slight blush on your cheek, something that doesn't go unnoticed by Jay, who furrows his eyebrows at you.

"Hey, it's Jay right?" Thomas greets with a smile.

Jay looks at the boy with a fake smile, "Yeah, Timothy right?"

Thomas laughs slightly, "close enough, it's Thomas."

Jay lets out a laugh, "Sorry."

Thomas just dismisses him before questioning why he was here. 

"He lives here with me." You answer his question.

Thomas looks at you with wide eyes, "What?" He questions confused.

Not wanting to explain the real reason about why he is here you decide to tell him that Jay is your house mate that is staying here until he finds someplace else to stay. Jay sends you a smile at your answer, as you send one back to him.

"Oh, okay." Thomas states slowly. "Anyways, I just wanted to check up on you, I got to go now though, I've got work in 20 minutes."

You nod your head at him in understanding, as you guide him towards your door, not before the two boys exchange their goodbyes. 

You open the front door for Thomas as he walks out before turning to look at you, "Be careful okay, I know he's your housemate, but he's still a boy." 

You smile at the boy in front of you, "Don't worry Tommy, Jay's fine." You say before realising your mistake. You hadn't called Thomas, Tommy, since you were dating, it was a name only he allowed you to call him.

Both of you stare at each other in shock before you apologised, "Sorry, it kind of just slipped out of my mouth."

"It's okay, I like it. You calling me that, I've missed that name." He chuckles.

You smile at him, "Guess I'll start calling you that from now on then."

"I'd like that." He smiles before leaning down and placing a kiss on your forehead.

Your eyes widen as you feel the blush creep up to your cheeks, Thomas pulls back and smiles, "I'll see you later (Y/N)." He says as he walks off.

"Yeah, erm, bye." You stutter out before quickly closing the door and leaning against it. You move your hand to your cheek as you recall the kiss, causing you to blush even more.

Realising what your doing, you slap your cheeks before rubbing them slightly, "Stop thinking about that (Y/N)." You whisper to yourself, but still find yourself thinking about it as a smile graces your lips.

From afar, Jay was watching as you smiled to yourself with the blush on your cheeks. His fists were clenched as he thought about the exchange between you and your ex boyfriend that he had watched. 

"How dare he touch what's mine!" Jay gritted out as he glared at your forehead, where Thomas' lips were placed just minutes before. It was then he remembered that he knew the address of where the boy lived, all thanks to (Y/N)'s now dead best friend. Jay allowed a smirk to take over his face as he walked into the kitchen to retrieve a knife. 

"I think it's time someone else disappears." He chuckles to himself darkly as he gazes upon the knife with adoration.