Chapter 19: Rain rain go away

----------I felt like I had to post another one quickly because of that last part. I think all my readers went into temporary shock 'O__O Sorry 'bout that lol. So, read on to find out what happens to Levi now! :DD----------

"Look kid, i'm sorry for your loss, but I have to get you to the state. You can't stay with your frien-aw come on, don't cry on me now!" The detective says, looking around desperately for someone as another cry escapes my lips. I can't help it!

My...my dad just killed himself, probabley while I was sound asleep in my bed! Now, this detective something tells me that I can't go see my boyfriend when I need him most!? How am I not going to cry, for heavens sake! I didn't even tell him Gage was my boyfriend because I don't know his views or whatever.

"Oh! Good, here talk to my partner, okay?" I sniffle, hiccuping as I watch the ambulance holding my father's dead body drive away. 

"I'm Detective Barns, what's your name?" A tall blond woman asks, putting her hand on my shoulder and steering me away from the now sighing in relief male detective. 

"L-Levi, Levi Jackson." I hiccup again, and wipe my nose with my sleeve. Gross, but necessary.

"I'm very sorry about your father. Tell me, did you hear anything strange last night?" She asks, and I look at her in confusion.

"No,why? Should I have?" She sighs, hanging her hands on her belt and looking at me gravely.

"We have reason to believe...that your father was murdered." 

"What?! What do you mean murdered? That's impossible, I was home all night! I-I would have heard, and didn't you see? He was hanging from the ceiling! Who could have been strong enough to lift him up there?!" I shout, whipping away from her and pacing, the sheer madness of the situation driving me insane. Murdered! She's the insane one, not me!

"I know it's hard to believe, but you'll have to trust me on this."

"Why should I? You haven't proven to me that it was anything but a suicide." I snap, and she sighs again.

"Tess!" She motions for me to wait here, and walks back over to talk with her partner. 

My dad...he couldn't have been murdered. I don't understand why someone would want to murder him, he hasn't done anything to anybody except me!

So...it had to have been suicide, it just had to have been. With my mom's death, he was never happy again. It...even if it is sick of me to say so, it made sense for him to do this. 

I shake my head, dispelling those depressing thoughts. And here I thought things couldn't get any worse. Like hell, I am never saying that again, ever. 

And what about what that guy said, about me going to the state? I'm almost eighteen, doesn't that count for something?

Can't they just let me stay with Gage? But maybe his dad and Jenny might say no. What then? They don't want a strange guy in their house with their little girl, even if I am gay, I know how adults are. At least Jenny won't.

"He's a victim!" I hear Det. Barnes shout, and her partner shushes her, giving me a quick glance. What are they talking about? I pretend to still be crying and not paying attention to them, while I slowly move behind the car in the driveway to eavesdrop.

"He's not a victim he's a suspect and you know it!" He says.

"I know the rules, but did you see his face? That was not the face of a boy who just killed his father."