تم بن بہت روئے، کئ راتوں کو نہ سوئے۔۔۔

It was a sad night again, the air was thick from the dampness of rain.
Jahangir's tall frame was leaning against the sofa, sitting on the carpeted floor; she was lying down on the sofa, his warm shawl was wrapped around her shoulders.
His eyes tracing the tear marks on her pale cheeks.
Her lower lip was jutting out, reminding him of a kid who's trying hard to not sob.

"I'll not do that to you, I'll never force you maus"
A touch of longing in his voice.
Aina opened her glassy turquoise eyes, staring at his chiselled face.
The intensity of his eyes, the unspoken emotions, something was wrong with Aina.
She shouldn't be feeling this way for the man in front of her.

"What does Maus mean?"
Jahangir heard her voice, she asked so innocently.
Jahangir's heart melted at the sight of her doe eyes staring up at him.
She was so precious.

"It means ; mice!"
Aina let out a shocked gasp.
He's been calling me a freaking mice since 2 months?

"Mice? What...why?"
Jahangir let out an amused chuckle, his hands reaching out to touch a strand of her soft hairs.

"You know, when I first saw you, you reminded me of a cute little mice"
Aina felt her face warming up under his gaze.

"Why do you smoke so much?"
Aina didn't know why she didn't wanted to end this conversation ever.

"Smoke? I'll quit smoking if you ask me, sach me"
Jahangir was telling the truth, He will quit the world if she asked.

"Sachi? Toh main keh rhy hun ap chorden smoking"
Aina said, with a new found proud in her voice.
Jahangir smiled widely, she was acting like a little wife.

"I'll leave this world if you ask me"
Jahangir said in the heat of the moment, without realising how his words will effect her.

"Not you! I don't want to loose you too"
Her shivering voice had him taking a sharp intake of breath.
Jahangir you made her cry

"I'm sorry baby, I'm really sorry"
He let his arms wrap around her fragile frame, hugging her closer.
In that moment, in the need of comfort, Aina hugged him back.
Letting his musky scent cloud her senses.
First touch.
That night they both slept with each other, doing nothing, just sleeping together on the same bed , listening to each other's breathing and heartbeats.

~

"Aina my daughter; you need to understand that everything happens for a reason, do you realise how jahangir would feel like, when his wife is still mourning over someone else, still calling out someone else's name, how long it has been? It's been almost 6 months jaan since Sikandar died but look at you, Sikandar wasn't your husband only, khan sahib and bibi, they both lost their son, Jahangir lost his brother! Tumhen Kiya lgta hai? Tumhara gham un sab se zyada hai? In life, Allah testes us and we have to pass this test jaan. It's time you let Jahangir in! I have seen the love in his eyes, I have seen how he takes care of you. Kismat se nhi lara jata mere jaan..."
Aday jaan had said; Aina realized how selfish she was being.
It wasn't Jahangir's fault that they both were married.
It wasn't Jahangir's fault that Sikandar was gone.