Chapter 5

I was leaning against the truck waiting on Bella. I see her walking out of the school looking hurt. She quickly but carefully walks over to me.
"You okay Bells?" I ask her.
"Do I smell?" She asked.
I furrow my eyebrows at her. "No, of course not. Why?" I asked.
"Edward Cullen acted like I smelled." She says before getting in the passengers seat. I turn my head to the Cullen's and caught Alice's eye. She held up her phone.
I nodded and got into the truck starting the engine. I grab my phone and read the text from Alice.

'She's Edward's blood singer. Her scent isn't as soothing as yours hers makes us really thirsty. -A'

'Ah gotcha. I'll TTYL - L'

I slip my phone in my bag and pulled out of the parking lot heading to the diner.

-
We walk into the diner and I led her to dad and I's usual table.
"Hey dad." I say sitting down.
"I ordered for you two, I got Bella cod and your usual Lexie." Dad says.
We nodded and look up when Cora sat dad's steak in front of him and she set my cheeseburger and fries in front of me.
"I can't get over how grown up you are. And so gorgeous." Cora says to Bella.
I smile at Waylon as he walked up to the table.
"'Member me, honey? I was Santa one year." He says.
I silently laugh at this.
"Waylon, she hasn't had a Christmas here since she was four." dad says.
"Bet I made an impression, though." Waylon says.
"You always do." dad and I say.
"Let the girl eat her cod, Waylon. When you're done, I'll bring your favorite - berry cobbler. Remember? Your dad has it every Thursday and Lexie, I'll bring you the blueberry pie." Cora says.
"That'd be great, thank you." Bella and I say in sync before looking at each other and giggled.
"So, you two eat here every night?" Bella asked.
"No. I usually cook but it's a special occasion." I grin at Bella.
"How was school? Meet anyone?" Dad asked her.
"A few people... Do you know the Cullen family?" Bella asked.
"Are people talking about them again?" Dad and I asked sharply.
"No... well a little." Bella says.
"Just cause they're newcomers. We're lucky to have a surgeon like Dr. Cullen he's been teaching your sister to be a doctor." Dad says. "And Lexie's is dating one of the kids." Dad says.
"...Okay." Bella says.
-
I walk into Bella's room plopping onto her bed. She was talking on the phone.
"Mom, where's your cell?" Bella asked as she put it on speaker smiling at me.
"Okay, I didn't lose my power cord. It ran away. Screaming. I literally repel technology now." Mom says.
I couldn't help but let out a laugh. Mom suddenly gasped.
"Is that my little Lexie?" mom asked.
"Hey mom." I say.
"Oh, my little baby!" she cried.
"Mom, I'm not a baby." I giggled.
"Now, Bella tell me more about your school, baby. What are the kids like? Are there any cute guys? Are they being nice to you? And Lexie do you have a boyfriend yet?" Mom questioned.
"Yes mom. Almost two years together." I say.
Mom squealed causing me to laugh.
"They've all been really...welcoming." Bella says angrily.
"Oh no sweetie. What happened?" mom questions.
"I gotta go." Bella says hanging up.
She looks at me. "Do you know what Jessica calls you?" She asked.
"I know a whore." I say rolling my eyes. "All because Jasper asked me out instead of her. My presence calms him down."