Chapter 7

"How about this one?" I giggle holding up a horrid dress.
"No." Alice laughed not even looking my way.
I had convinced Alice and Rose to go to a thrift store. I had an obsession with antiques.
Something caught my eye. I walk over to it and pick it up off the rack. I stood there looking at it.
"Ali..." I murmur looking up at her.
"Oh my gosh. That's from the 1860s." Alice murmured.
"It's really pretty." I whisper.
"Oh! Get it. Rose and I will give you a makeover." Alice squealed picking up heels from the 1800s.

" Alice squealed picking up heels from the 1800s

I noticed something else. A velvet box. I slowly open it revealing a photo frame with... Oh my god. A picture of Jasper in his uniform and a folded confederate flag.
"Ali. Rose." I say showing them the photo. They gawked at it. Alice snatched and shoved it in her purse.
-

"So, I have an idea about the dress." I say from the backseat of Rosalie's convertible.
"Oh, yes that'll be perfect!" Alice grinned.
"What would?" Rose asked confused.
"Jasper won't know about the dress until prom. It's going to be my prom dress." I explain as we pulled into the garage at the Cullen house.
Alice hands me the velvet box as we got out. Emmett and Jasper walk out grabbing the bags. Us girls head inside. I sat on the sofa holding the velvet box in my hands. I look up as I felt Jasper suddenly beside me.
"What do you got there darlin'?" Jasper asked. I look up at him and hand it to him. He opened the box gasping.
"What is it?" Emmett asked. I glance up and see Esme standing in at the bottom of the stairs.
"My last picture from the war and the folded Confederate flag that they put on my empty casket. Darlin, where'd you find this?" Jasper asked.
"I convinced Ali and Rosie to go to a thrift store and I found this." I smile.
Jasper wrapped his arms around me gently kissing my temple lightly. "I can't believe this had been found." he murmured. I smile at him and look up as Edward and Carlisle walked in.
"The vampire attacks are getting closer to Forks." Carlisle says walking over to Esme kissing her head.
"Yeah, I was with Bella taking her home and Waylon Forge was found dead drained." Edward says.
"Why where you taking Bella home?" I asked looking at Edward.
"Alice didn't tell you?" Edward asked.
I turn to Alice. "What did you see?"
"Your sister was surrounded by drunk men they were going to do nasty things to her if Edward didn't get to her in time. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't want you to worry. I knew Edward was going to get to her in time." Alice says.
I nodded understanding.