50. Sunrise

Serena

If someone knocked at my front door at the early hours of the morning, before the sun had even risen, it was basically an invite for me to hurt them.

I had been swamped at the shop with so many brides coming in, tonight, I just wanted to sleep calmly, but clearly the person on the other side of the door wasn't having that.

Grabbing my robe, I put it on and walked to the front door.

When I looked through the peephole, I let out a groan when I saw Liam's grinning face.

Opening the door, I glared at him, whilst he just smiled.

"What the hell are you doing?" I greeted him.

The smile that was on his face, quickly fell when he realised that I wasn't as enthusiastically happy as he was.

"I thought you'd be happy to see me?" He frowned.

I gave him a dry look. "It's four in the morning and the Sun's not out, I wouldn't be happy to see anyone," I commented, opening the door wider for him to walk in.

Liam chuckled. "I forget, you're really not a morning person," he said.

I didn't even have the energy to smack him right now.

"Go back to sleep, Liam," I said and began to walk away, when I quickly turned back. "Wait, where's Bea?" I asked, looked down next to him and not seeing my little bumblebee with him.

"With my parents," he replied and I nodded.

I turned around to go back to bed, when Liam cleared his throat and I had to turn back to look at him again.

Raising a brow, I waited for him to talk.

"We're going out," he stated.

"Now?" I questioned and he nodded. I shook my head at him. "Now it's sleepy time" I said and yawned.

I could see Liam tilt his head at me. "Rena, you-" he began to say, and then shook his head. "-never mind," he finished, without completing his words.

Before I could question what was going on, he walked forward, closing the distance between us and swooped me up in this arms.

I let out a squeal at the unexpected action, instantly holding onto him.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, looking at his smirking face.

He walked towards my front door and just looked down at the side table beside it.

"Grab the keys, darling," he said, looking down at the bowl I always kept my keys in.

I was too sleepy to argue with him, or question what the hell this was about and instead reached out to grab the keys.

"Okay, let's go," Liam said and I just nuzzled my head into his chest as he carried me.

***

I was still drifting in and out of my sleep, when I could feel someone stroking my cheek gently and calling out my name.

"Wake up, Rena." I heard, and as my eyes fluttered open, I was met with Liam's warm brown orbs.

He was smiling at me and then moved some of my stray hairs away from my face.

I realised I was sitting in the car, in the passenger seat whilst Liam was in the driver's seat, leaning over towards me.

I just sighed in content, wanting to close my eyes again, but instead Liam cupped my face and then turned my head.