Chapter 1: Rebirth and the Mystery Lady

*In the classroom*

"Listen for the voice of God then follow it and know that in time you will find your salvation", the English Teacher said as he discussed the lesson. 

Some of the students never paid attention what he said. Light was never satisfied what happen in Japan these days however when Light try to distract himself in the rotten world. He always think about the girl he loves ever since he saw her in his eyes.

Rebecca Iris, a girl who is a mystery woman and always wearing black shades even in shelters. Light always see her as an intellegent, hardworking, and talented woman but something was mystery around her that he can't put finger on it. Light always wondering why she's always wearing glasses every single day and night even in shelters. He wants to know all secrets what she been up to. 

"Yagami, are you still with us? Can you please translate the following sentence into English?", the teacher said as Light snapped out of his fantasies  as he sigh then stand up of his table.

"*sigh* Follow the teachings of God and receive his blessings and so it shall be that the seas will again become bountiful and the raging storms will subside", Light answered as all students usually admired with his intellegence. However, Rebecca didn't stare at him she's just looking at the window. She knows that the Light Yagami is the most intellegent in Daikoku Academy.

'As usual even he already studied the lesson it doesn't mean he knows everything about the lesson. How attention-seeker he is.', Rebecca thought as she sighed annoyingly.

"In other news, today, suspected murder Naoki Tokuji was arrested  in the district  of Shibuya Tokyo. He is being held in custody facing murder charges for the brutal slaying of his common-law partner, who was only 25 at the time of death."

News are being broadcasted again over and over again. Light is walking back home as he can't stand these days that Japan being rotten. Rebecca standing on the side of the pavement as she wait the taxi to pick her up. Rebecca hear the news as she lower her shades slightly then glance the building in the big TV displayed.

"*sigh* I knew he will die I already told him to being aware. These people these days never aware what's going on this world.", Rebecca said as she put her shades up in her face. "All person creates a dark world a world becames dark."

Light: Day in and day out, the same news on permanent repeat.

Ryuk: This is all so ridiculous.

Light: This world is...

Ryuk: Rotten. 

This is what she look like^