|| More Than Friends ||

CelesteABrook

More Than Friends by Celeste A

More Than Friends by Celeste A. Brook

{Completed}

Do you believe in soulmates? Like there is someone out there who is perfect for you?

Well, I used to. But then my ex-boyfriend Greg broke my heart to pieces, along with all the plans we had made since we were sixteen.

But a girl has to know when it's time to move on, and that's what I'm doing. I'm starting over all by myself. I won't let his choices define my future. I have a good job lined up and a new place to live. I'm ready to focus on me now.

What I'm not ready for is my new neighbour Lucas, the single dad of the most adorable little boy. The nice guy with warm eyes, easy smile, sweet face and a hot body that makes my mind go blank.

We want different things from life. He's warned me he has way too much baggage.

I wish he knew there's more to life than pain. Things would be easier. I see how much guilt and pain he's carrying behind his beautiful eyes, and wonder if he'll ever be able to move on. I shouldn't be attracted to him. I wish I knew how to be away, joe to keep my distance, hoe to protect my heart.

We say we should be friends even though, deep, deep down, we know we want more. Much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tags:
#happyending #boynextdoor #kids #contemporary #newadult #romance.

Soooo hey guys.....I had to write this one twice coz just as I was finishing up writing suddenly the app just closed itself and when I opened it again this chapter was not there. Like it just literally vanished and I was like WTF! Are u kidding me? I could have watched atleast half episode of the office in the time I had to spend rewriting this chapter.

But this book was really nice and one of my favourites so I was like fuck it! I'll just write it again. And so wellllllllllll here I am.

Hope y'all enjoy this book. It's really nice and a much needed break from all the "Leather jacket wearing bad boys of highschool who think that the world revolves around them. And who act wayyyy older than they are. Like dude you're fucking 17! (At the most 18...if ur older than that then you probably need to stop caring about your leather jacket and concentrate on your studies) I'm 17 and my problems are just limited to watching too much Netflix and still pass all my classes. And avoiding people. And my friends. And my family. And devising a plan to kidnap all the poor cats and dogs and create a paradise for them........I-I-I probably need help but whateves." 😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Lucas' a darling. And Nate too.

 And Nate too