Chapter 15. The visit and the Episode.

Katniss POV

'For breakfast we are having pancakes, Peeta, and I'm going to cook them.' He smiles. 'Ok, honey. I bet they will be as delicious as you.' He winks at me. I blush.

After Breakfast, theres a knock at the door. Its.. mum?

'Mum, how are you?'

'Im great Katniss. Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy in the hospital.' She hugs me. 'Hello Peeta'

'Hello, Ms Everdeen. Come in'

She sits down.

'I believe you left me a message saying you have something to tell me. She looks at my stomach then back at me with a shocked expression, but quickly recovers. I almost didn't notice. Almost.

'Um, well, I'm pregnant! '

'Thats great Katniss.'

'Did you not see the broadcast?'

'What broadcast' she asks.

'The one were I announced I was pregnant'

'No I didn't see it. Sorry dear as I said.. I have been busy..'

'That's ok.'

'So how is Gale?' Why does everybody ask that question? I'm about to cry when Peeta says, 'A bit of a touchy subject. Gale killed our child and he beated me up.' (He leaves out the bit about it being Gales child and how I tried to kill him) 'Also he was the one who dropped the bombs on Prim....' I could see the hurt in mums face. Peeta could see he made a wrong move. 'I best get going, good seeing both of you.' She hugs both of us. 'Good luck with the child. Ill try and visit as soon as possible.' She leaves just as the tears start to fall.

'It's ok, Katniss, shes just upset. She will come and visit again soon.' He gives me a hug, then pulls away. 'Katniss--' I kisses him. I don't know why he resists, its not like him. It doesn't have that same affect as usual. He pushes me away. 'KATNISS! GO! I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I CAN HOLD OUT!' With that he starts chasing me. Horrified, I run out front door. He catches up. 'You stupid mutt come back! You killed my family!' Im running for the bakery. I would run for the woods, but I need witnesses. 'By the time I get to the bakery, Peeta pushes me against the wall. 'He reaches for a knife, but Joesph, an employee, knows whats happening. He grabs Peeta around the waist and pulls him back. He is stronger than Peeta. 'Peeta its me. PEETA...please its me, Katniss.' He drops the knife and steps back. 'Katniss im so sorry.' He starts to cry. Then I black out.