Chapter 16. The Miracle and the break up?

Peeta POV.

I walk into the room Katniss is in. She is unconcious, on the hospital bed. I feel so bad for what I did. It rarely ever happens anymore, but I feel like im putting her in danger by being married to her. Maybe we..... no I can't even think it. I love Katniss so much I could never let her go. But if its the best thing for her........

Katniss suddenly wakes up. She looks at me and smiles, then her expression turns into one of panic. 'THE BABY!!!' 'Katniss its ok. The nurse told me its alive, but its a miracle.' Her expression changes to relief. 'Katniss.. im so sorry for what happened. I couldn't control--'

'Peeta. Its ok. Its not your fault'

'Yes it is Katniss! I can't do this to you!' I start to break down again. 'Peeta... its all right. Its the capitols fault.'

Before I can argue, the nurse walks in.

'Mr and Mrs Mellark. You can leave now. Katniss, Im warning you to do no excess phtsical activity for the rest of the pregnancy. The baby may not be so lucky next time.' And then we leave.

                             ••••••••

The trip home is quiet. I avoid Katniss's gaze. I don't know if I can do this. Katniss will be crushed. And so will I. When we finally get home, she asks, 'Peeta. Whats wrong. Im ok, the babys ok, it wasn't your fault.'

'Look, Katniss, I have something to tell you.' She looks a little alarmed but says 'ok, go ahead.'

'Look, Katniss. I think im putting your life on the line by being with you.'

'Peeta. Don't do this.'

'I could kill you Katniss!'

'You can stop yourself! You've done it before!'

She starts to cry. I do too. 'Peeta, I would rather risk death than be without you. What happened to our Always?'

'I don't know.' I don't want to cause her anymore pain, so I walk out the door, without another word. She calls out to me, but I can't bear hear the sound of her voice, so I run away.

Hey guys im sorry this is such a sad chapter, but I promise the next couple won't be. What happens to Katniss and Peetas marriage? Can Peeta really survive without her? Ill try and update by tommorow or the next day.
-- Millie.